When are we gonna get a proper Star Trek game?

#1GRU_CommanderPosted 1/17/2014 4:13:11 AM
I borrowed this topic from the PS3 boards by noname81.

Seriously I hope we get a good Star Trek game this time, although Star Trek: Legacy on Three-Sixty was awesome.
---
PSN: achillies_ny
Go faq yourself
#2krystylaPosted 1/17/2014 4:14:33 AM
I think the only good Star Trek game could be from telltale
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#3BlazingxPaddlesPosted 1/17/2014 4:19:51 AM
Probably not.
#4Spetsnaz420Posted 1/17/2014 4:31:20 AM
Sadly I doubt it will happen... Except maybe the odd game from the movies
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#5Jptremblay13Posted 1/17/2014 5:21:25 AM
Star Trek online is kinda cool, should come to console too. (one day)
#6daniel79Posted 1/17/2014 6:34:35 AM
After we get a proper 'Aliens' game.

I.E, with these knobs in charge, never.
#7nableetPosted 1/17/2014 6:55:04 AM
daniel79 posted...

Alien isolation looks good. You should check it out, although it is too early to say whether it will be any good.

Star trek is a hard sell. The new films are helping to move it in a better direction, but I'm still not sure it would be a good game. More about the politics than the "pew pew".
---
GT - Tyfighta23 PSN - N/A
#8Mvsevm_of_SkinPosted 1/17/2014 7:48:37 AM
daniel79 posted...

Nothing will ever top Aliens for the Commodore 64. I broke two controllers in frustration during the final "find Newt" stage. So much fun.
---
Squeeze your mother's neck... 'til the kicking stops... the memories stop!
#9aszsithPosted 1/17/2014 8:52:10 AM
As a lifelong Trekkie (or Trekker if you prefer the correct nomenclature) I have wanted a PROPER Star Trek game for a LONG time. Not some crappy movie tie-in. Not some janky fps. Not some Isometric space combat game.

I want a full on Mass Effect or KOTOR style Star Trek console game where you go from planet to planet, battling your way through space to get there, go on away missions and a the whole nine yards.

Preferably it would be a series with each new game following a different crew/time period. For instance, Game 1 is Original Series territory. Game 2 is TNG/DS9. Game 3 is a time travel loop mixing both together and re-writing history in classic Star Trek fashion.

In lieu of that, I'd gladly take a Telltale PAC adventure with the property. While I'm getting a little tired of their current art style, they do craft fantastic stories.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#10nothingbeastPosted 1/17/2014 9:49:38 AM
Mvsevm_of_Skin posted...
daniel79 posted...

Nothing will ever top Aliens for the Commodore 64. I broke two controllers in frustration during the final "find Newt" stage. So much fun.

Alien for the C64 was pretty interesting. You could individually control each crew member, and each one had different skills and handled commands differently depending on how psychologically bothered they were.

No real weapons, and you got a score depending on how you dealt with the alien (which burst from a different person each game)

I only remember finishing the game once, and my score was terrible because I blew up the Nostromo after sacrificing everyone but Ripley and Brett.... Oh, and Jones, that damn cat that I never figured out how I actually caught.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.