microsoft is doing dirty things again

#1Retroxgamer0Posted 1/17/2014 8:55:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/pS6Gd5v.png
#2TheCyborgNinjaPosted 1/17/2014 8:58:18 PM
It's advertising. Without it, the internet would suck heavily because nobody would make money and provide content. Think McFly, think...
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#3Reflex-ArcPosted 1/17/2014 9:01:25 PM
If by dirty you mean smart, then yeah.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#4cheezedadadaPosted 1/17/2014 9:02:16 PM
We are discussing this just a couple of posts down already.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/68360375

I think its a great idea. Lack of advertising is what makes me angry about platforms like the Vita. MS takes advertising to a whole new level and I respect them because of this reason. Like the guy in the other thread said, so many people (for some ungodly reason) actually trust YouTube personalities these days, so it makes total sense.
---
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#5Apex-PlayerPosted 1/17/2014 9:02:29 PM
Just shows they need positive publicity and have no issues with needing to pay for it,
clearly a response to the IGN poll where they lost every category.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#6cheezedadadaPosted 1/17/2014 9:06:17 PM(edited)
Apex-Player posted...

They tweeted this plan days before the poll even posted on IGN I thought?
---
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#7aray48Posted 1/17/2014 9:08:11 PM
TheCyborgNinja posted...
It's advertising. Without it, the internet would suck heavily because nobody would make money and provide content. Think McFly, think...

It's not the same as normal advertising. It is trying to make video game related content providers, who should have their own opinion and are often neutral and enjoy all systems, promote their system. It's shameless product placement where the product is heavily tied to what you do.
#8Apex-PlayerPosted 1/17/2014 9:09:39 PM
cheezedadada posted...
Apex-Player posted...

They tweeted this plan days before the poll even posted on IGN I thought?

Oh well, fine with me then? either way paying people to be biased is always a great thing!
Paying for good publicity, isn't the same as advertising your product and letting it speak for itself, but hey thats the name of the game I guess.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#9ElPolloDiablo87Posted 1/17/2014 9:12:10 PM
aray48 posted...
TheCyborgNinja posted...

It's not the same as normal advertising. It is trying to make video game related content providers, who should have their own opinion and are often neutral and enjoy all systems, promote their system. It's shameless product placement where the product is heavily tied to what you do.

It's no different than a golfer wearing a Titleist shirt.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#10CKnightPosted 1/17/2014 9:12:34 PM
aray48 posted...
TheCyborgNinja posted...

It is like normal advertising. You think the Sony banners and such that pop up on IGN are there because IGn just likes the PS4? No they get paid by Sony to put up those banners, run commercials before reviews and such.