microsoft is doing dirty things again

#31Spetsnaz420Posted 1/18/2014 12:41:13 AM
I don't have strong feelings about this one way or another... However I'm not so sure this is the best thing to do. It motivates people to promote something they may not have promoted otherwise. As things have stood when a YouTuber promotes a game system they tend to do it because they believe in the product... Now the reasons for promoting said product may be motivated by monetary compensation making the promotion itself suspect.
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#32OpheliaAdenadePosted 1/18/2014 12:44:03 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
I don't have strong feelings about this one way or another... However I'm not so sure this is the best thing to do. It motivates people to promote something they may not have promoted otherwise. As things have stood when a YouTuber promotes a game system they tend to do it because they believe in the product... Now the reasons for promoting said product may be motivated by monetary compensation making the promotion itself suspect.

Exactly! :o I'm starting to think all the xbone supporters on here are actually being paid to act that way.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#33FeatherwindPosted 1/18/2014 12:45:30 AM
archibald3 posted...
Why do you guys even respond when known uber-trolls make topics ? Seriously ...whether there`s any veracity to whatever its about don`t you know that the goal is to constantly put Microsoft , the Xbox and its fans on the defensive and point out any negative thing it can find on the internet that pertains .

Why should this topic not be discussed? MS being insecure about the merits of it's own console and thinking people do not care about it unless they pay is something to consider.

Also I see this campaign only damaging the credibility of Xbox One supporters. After all people listen to reviews and such because they expect the experiences of the reviewer to match their own. Watching someone promote a product they would not have promoted without bribery is pointless.
---
pathological
#34CapnStankyPosted 1/18/2014 12:45:46 AM
Mmmm mmmmm the salty tears of Sony fanboys. So gooood.
#35OpheliaAdenadePosted 1/18/2014 12:48:52 AM
archibald3 posted...
Why do you guys even respond when known uber-trolls make topics ? Seriously ...whether there`s any veracity to whatever its about don`t you know that the goal is to constantly put Microsoft , the Xbox and its fans on the defensive and point out any negative thing it can find on the internet that pertains .

Well, considering they bought an xbone.... I think the reason why is pretty clear.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#36FeatherwindPosted 1/18/2014 12:52:12 AM
CapnStanky posted...
Mmmm mmmmm the salty tears of Sony fanboys. So gooood.

I'm not a Sony fanboy and I have never owned a Sony product (console, TV etc). Also I do not endorse the PS4 and I think it's a pointless console. I post this from a MS OS.

However one does not have to be "allied" with Sony in order to criticize MS marketing trickery.
---
pathological
#37Apex-PlayerPosted 1/18/2014 3:18:17 AM
cheezedadada posted...
@Apex

Ill just need to see one of this videos first. To me, you can promote something without having to do any opinions or comparison to other platforms. If a guy starts his video up and says "Hey guys, make sure to keep your eyes peeled for Quantum Break only on the Xbox One. Its from Remedy Entertainment, the guys who gave us games such as Alan Wake and Max Payne. Coming 2014(15?)", I see nothing wrong with that. He promoted a console to someone who might not actually know a game like Quantum Break exists. Then after that the product can speak for itself once the purchase is made.

If some guy comes out who clearly prefers the PS4 and says he likes the Xbox One better only because hes getting paid for it, that would make me question his credibility anyways. Then again, I dont follow any of these YouTube personalities because I couldn't care less what they think. I think its a great idea though and I dont think Microsoft is doing anything dirty. The offer is on the table and they can choose to grab it or not.

We should definitely wait to see how this plays out.
Although I think even random youtubers will hop on the free money train til it stops.
Then go back to having unpaid promoting for there consoles of choice.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat