IF MS is smart, they will completely skip releasing Xbone in Asia.

#1DeadCeIIScoutPosted 1/17/2014 10:59:06 PM
It's no mystery that Xbox has performed beyond abysmally in Asia. It is a 100% lost cause, they have no hold on Asia whatsoever. Trying to compete with PS4 in that region would be absolutely disastrous for MS financially if they bring XB1 over there.

They need to ride the momentum wave in the 13 countries worldwide that care about Xbox to stay on top like they were in December. This is how they can win the console war.
---
--
-
#2archibald3Posted 1/17/2014 11:00:41 PM
lmao
#3ukemandwnbuPosted 1/17/2014 11:01:56 PM
Microsoft Studios Osaka
#4BIackWindPosted 1/17/2014 11:06:13 PM
The Xbone cannot win the console war any more than the Ouya can.
#5SunDevil77Posted 1/17/2014 11:06:38 PM
I'm sure you have much better data on what their plan should be.
---
My teeth are swords, my claws are spears, my wings are a hurricane!
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#6PulpPosted 1/17/2014 11:07:22 PM
Uhhh...no. Giving up isn't the key to victory Napoléon.

As for "winning the console war"....that seems a little unlikely. Let's be honest here, even the NPD numbers (ie: only place Xbone beat PS4) show minimal lead over the PS4 for Dec. And this was a month where the Xbone was well stocked in retail channels while the PS4 was nowhere to be found.

PS4 is on track to hit 10mil before the Xbone hits half that. MS needs to release in every territory it can.
---
Contest Abuse - You have lost the right to dispute or appeal further moderations.
#7DeadCeIIScout(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2014 11:08:28 PM(edited)
Case in point: 360's struggles in the far east last gen were among some of the most painful I've ever seen. PS3 dominated it monthly, and as a result, PS3 has sold more than 360 in less time on the market. MS has a good thing going right now, they need to quit while they are ahead.
---
--
-
#8archibald3Posted 1/17/2014 11:16:13 PM
They should really have a troll division. You could sit in a room all day and try to find things wrong with it , argue with the other employees about how bad everything is , make up and exaggerate anything negative, and just try to generally discourage everybody.
#9ukemandwnbuPosted 1/17/2014 11:17:03 PM
DeadCeIIScout posted...
Case in point: 360's struggles in the far east last gen were among some of the most painful I've ever seen. PS3 dominated it monthly, and as a result, PS3 has sold more than 360 in less time on the market. MS has a good thing going right now, they need to quit while they are ahead.

Japanese gamers love their mechs. Titanfall will be a hit there as it will be here in the U.S.

Also, Microsoft is more invested in Japan now than ever with them creating an Osaka branch of Microsoft Studios. Microsoft created Microsoft Studios Osaka so they can dedicate providing exclusive games and content for Japan. You know all they're going to be developing are JRPGs.

Microsoft will, without question, release Xbox One there.
#10DeadCeIIScout(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2014 11:19:40 PM
ukemandwnbu posted...
DeadCeIIScout posted...

Japanese gamers love their mechs. Titanfall will be a hit there as it will be here in the U.S.

Also, Microsoft is more invested in Japan now than ever with them creating an Osaka branch of Microsoft Studios. Microsoft created Microsoft Studios Osaka so they can dedicate providing exclusive games and content for Japan. You know all they're going to be developing are JRPGs.

Microsoft will, without question, release Xbox One there.

They tried that last time and either lost all their exclusives or they were just bad. They don't need to get greedy after the December NPD. They're winning.
---
--
-