IF MS is smart, they will completely skip releasing Xbone in Asia.

#21Sega9599Posted 1/18/2014 9:25:10 AM
Ironcondorz posted...
Oh of course this is about winning some non existent "war" and if you can't beat your competitor in absolute console sales numbers there isn't a point to selling consoles at all.

I'll just go tell...

Chevrolet to stop selling Silverados because they don't sell as many as Ford sells F-150s or Honda to stop selling Accords because Toyota sells more Camrys. Heck they should stop selling cars period because trucks sell more.

Apple should stop selling Iphones because Android sells more phones now. Apple should also stop selling Macbooks and other computers because MS based PCs sell more. Linux should go away because the two former platforms are more popular. Microsoft should stop selling phones and tablets too.

Burger King, Wendy's, In n Out, Whataburger, Sonic, Steak n Shake, Red Robin, etc... should stop selling hamburgers because McDonald's sells more of them.

Sony should abandon the Vita because Nintendo's 3DS sells more.

All retail stores other than Walmart should close because they sell more than all of their competitors BY FAR.

FPS are the best selling console games so all other genres should stop being made.

Good Grief! Common Sense! Am I dreaming?
---
Oh, for a new 'proper' Shining Force..and a new Panel de Pon game and a new english release of Puyo Puyo....
#22benjimainPosted 1/18/2014 9:27:06 AM
Pulp posted...
Uhhh...no. Giving up isn't the key to victory Napoléon.

As for "winning the console war"....that seems a little unlikely. Let's be honest here, even the NPD numbers (ie: only place Xbone beat PS4) show minimal lead over the PS4 for Dec. And this was a month where the Xbone was well stocked in retail channels while the PS4 was nowhere to be found.

PS4 is on track to hit 10mil before the Xbone hits half that. MS needs to release in every territory it can.

Nailed it.

As I said a few days back... people are literally celebrating outselling something you can't even buy right now.

Even then, only minimally. It is desperation at its most hilarious.
#232ndAtomiskPosted 1/18/2014 9:31:44 AM
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/17/microsoft-courting-japanese-developers-xbox-one/

They're not giving up on releasing it over there.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#24TheGam3925Posted 1/18/2014 9:32:42 AM
Xbone will be crushed in Japan by the PS4 and everyone in this topic knows it.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#25DeadCeIIScout(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2014 9:34:11 AM
krystyla posted...
DeadCeIIScout posted...
ukemandwnbu posted...
DeadCeIIScout posted...
Case in point: 360's struggles in the far east last gen were among some of the most painful I've ever seen. PS3 dominated it monthly, and as a result, PS3 has sold more than 360 in less time on the market. MS has a good thing going right now, they need to quit while they are ahead.

Japanese gamers love their mechs. Titanfall will be a hit there as it will be here in the U.S.

Also, Microsoft is more invested in Japan now than ever with them creating an Osaka branch of Microsoft Studios. Microsoft created Microsoft Studios Osaka so they can dedicate providing exclusive games and content for Japan. You know all they're going to be developing are JRPGs.

Microsoft will, without question, release Xbox One there.

They tried that last time and either lost all their exclusives or they were just bad. They don't need to get greedy after the December NPD. They're winning.

Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon are far from bad, they were among the best JRPG from last gen and the best turn based game in a long, long time.

Also as long as they return a profit why shouldn't they release in asia especially China which could be a huge unclaimed market now that the ban is lifted.

Unfortunately, it's going to be "too little, too late" for MS in Asia. If they wanted to tap in to the Uguuu~~~ RPG market, they should have done it 2 generations ago while it was still hot. If their Kawaii RPGs end up being decent, they will be only seen as a novelty and the sales will be nominal. Everything is working against MS moving forward in this situation.
---
--
-
#26goatthiefPosted 1/18/2014 9:42:25 AM
Judging by sales data; North America and Europe too
---
If you see this sig I am browsing gamefaqs mobile and chances are I'm on the toilet.
#27DeadCeIIScout(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2014 3:43:03 PM
goatthief posted...
Judging by sales data; North America and Europe too

Not in december!
---
--
-
#28RaRitsujunPosted 1/18/2014 3:55:59 PM
DeadCeIIScout posted...
SgtGalaxy posted...
BIackWind posted...
The Xbone cannot win the console war any more than the Ouya can.

What war you mean your idiotcy??

"Idiotcy"

---
18700 XBL Gamerscores | 43 PSN Platinums - Level 25 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#29archibald3Posted 1/18/2014 4:00:38 PM
Ironcondorz posted...
Oh of course this is about winning some non existent "war" and if you can't beat your competitor in absolute console sales numbers there isn't a point to selling consoles at all.

I'll just go tell...

Chevrolet to stop selling Silverados because they don't sell as many as Ford sells F-150s or Honda to stop selling Accords because Toyota sells more Camrys. Heck they should stop selling cars period because trucks sell more.

Apple should stop selling Iphones because Android sells more phones now. Apple should also stop selling Macbooks and other computers because MS based PCs sell more. Linux should go away because the two former platforms are more popular. Microsoft should stop selling phones and tablets too.

Burger King, Wendy's, In n Out, Whataburger, Sonic, Steak n Shake, Red Robin, etc... should stop selling hamburgers because McDonald's sells more of them.

Sony should abandon the Vita because Nintendo's 3DS sells more.

All retail stores other than Walmart should close because they sell more than all of their competitors BY FAR.

FPS are the best selling console games so all other genres should stop being made.
#30kennyynnooPosted 1/18/2014 4:13:19 PM
US military in Asia would like to have it available still.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30