IF MS is smart, they will completely skip releasing Xbone in Asia.

#41VeliconisPosted 1/19/2014 7:41:35 PM
Ironcondorz posted...
Oh of course this is about winning some non existent "war" and if you can't beat your competitor in absolute console sales numbers there isn't a point to selling consoles at all.

I'll just go tell...

Chevrolet to stop selling Silverados because they don't sell as many as Ford sells F-150s or Honda to stop selling Accords because Toyota sells more Camrys. Heck they should stop selling cars period because trucks sell more.

Apple should stop selling Iphones because Android sells more phones now. Apple should also stop selling Macbooks and other computers because MS based PCs sell more. Linux should go away because the two former platforms are more popular. Microsoft should stop selling phones and tablets too.

Burger King, Wendy's, In n Out, Whataburger, Sonic, Steak n Shake, Red Robin, etc... should stop selling hamburgers because McDonald's sells more of them.

Sony should abandon the Vita because Nintendo's 3DS sells more.

All retail stores other than Walmart should close because they sell more than all of their competitors BY FAR.

FPS are the best selling console games so all other genres should stop being made.

Good Grief! Common Sense! Am I dreaming?

This guy just smeared common sense all over this thread.
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, they're = they are, their = belonging to them, there = not here.
#42ukemandwnbuPosted 1/19/2014 11:42:48 PM
People, Microsoft will not be skipping the release of Xbox One in Japan. They literally created a new studio specifically for providing exclusive games and content to Japan. Most of you ITT are using logic and common sense to understand this; however, a few of you still aren't quite getting it through your heads. Specifically, TC.

As I said for the billionth time, you know that all Microsoft Studios Osaka is solely, wholly, and only going to be developing are JRPGs. The point should be obvious and understood by this time, never having to be further explained; but to those people lacking the common sense and basic understanding of such matters, this means that the Xbox brand in Japan will only get stronger and better. Having a first-party studio focusing on Japan and creating games they like (games that could localize in the West, too, mind you) will only further promote the brand, as others have said.

If Microsoft decided to give up and not release XO in Japan, that would be devastating to the morale of other (non-Japanese) companies looking to invest their products in Japan and this would also be terrible to Japanese consumers wanting to have that competition within the gaming market.

No one is denying that Microsoft has neither sold nor will sell better than its competition Sony and Nintendo. But these companies are native to Japan. They have an inherent advantage that will require Microsoft to work twice as hard to promote the Xbox brand there -- not simply give up.

Christ, for the sake of gaming, just move on already....
#43HiddenRoarPosted 1/20/2014 1:10:15 AM
ukemandwnbu posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
US military in Asia would like to have it available still.

This man loves his country. +100 respect points from me

(No I'm not in the military, but love for a man's country has become few and far between these days.)

You do remember that the original plans for the Xbox One would have prevented military folks outside the U.S. from even playing it, right?

https://www.google.com/#q=Military+Times+Xbox+One+DRm

Patriotic my ass. Especially when 7/10 people (that owned consoles) in the units I've been assigned to owned a Xbox over Playstation/Nintendo (Army, btw). The reveal was basically a big "**** you" to us folks.
#44nizam216Posted 1/20/2014 5:46:50 AM
Perhaps Microsoft should have an online only approach the the Asian market, I mean just set up maybe 2-3 warehouses for each country and have the people who are interested in Xbox One order it online and have it shipped to them. It would make a lot more sense than attempting to go toe to toe with Sony and Nintendo in the retail market there.
#45chrish909Posted 1/20/2014 6:04:50 AM
Tc comes off as a tad bit slow.

You just feel ms should abandon selling in asia because their last console didnt as well as the competition? That sounds idiotic. Tc do you think that ms employees are all humiliated about their 360 sales in asia?
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml
#46chrish909Posted 1/20/2014 6:09:20 AM
HiddenRoar posted...
ukemandwnbu posted...
kennyynnoo posted...

(No I'm not in the military, but love for a man's country has become few and far between these days.)

You do remember that the original plans for the Xbox One would have prevented military folks outside the U.S. from even playing it, right?

Patriotic my ass. Especially when 7/10 people (that owned consoles) in the units I've been assigned to owned a Xbox over Playstation/Nintendo (Army, btw). The reveal was basically a big "**** you" to us folks.

If the military assigned people japanese consoles, than the robots would have taken over already.
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml
#47HiddenRoarPosted 1/20/2014 1:27:34 PM
chrish909 posted...
HiddenRoar posted...
ukemandwnbu posted...
kennyynnoo posted...

If the military assigned people japanese consoles, than the robots would have taken over already.

Reading comprehension.

In the units I've been assigned to. I've = Me. I'm talking about base/unit assignment, not ******* console assignment (which isn't even a thing).

Holy **** wow.
#48Satchmo25Posted 1/20/2014 1:33:24 PM
This topic brought to you by Deadcellscout tears...

Bitter, salty, copious, pony tears
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#49kingofjamaicaPosted 1/20/2014 1:41:37 PM
Releasing in Asia is still a good idea now that China has lifted their ban. Releasing in Japan is basically pointless though. They still don't even have a release date for Japan, so not only will they be the least popular console, they'll also be looking at potentially giving the PS4 an 8-10 month lead.

I think at this point we can expect the trend to continue and the Xbox One will be in second place in all territories except the US. We'll see about that one when the PS4 is actually on shelves for more than a day though.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#50HiddenRoarPosted 1/20/2014 1:47:56 PM
kingofjamaica posted...
Releasing in Asia is still a good idea now that China has lifted their ban. Releasing in Japan is basically pointless though. They still don't even have a release date for Japan, so not only will they be the least popular console, they'll also be looking at potentially giving the PS4 an 8-10 month lead.

I think at this point we can expect the trend to continue and the Xbox One will be in second place in all territories except the US. We'll see about that one when the PS4 is actually on shelves for more than a day though.

Tbh, I'm seeing most of the sales from console sales since 99% (exaggeration, if you haven't figured it out) of them will be pirating the games.

I mean derp, we're talking about China here. lol @ anyone who thinks you can't find flash carts and other pirated goods over there.