So every AAA game needs an AAA TV Show now?

#1MilesTeg420Posted 1/18/2014 12:20:50 AM
It seems like Microsoft plans on creating double the budget for every video game project, at insane development costs.

Do you think this is a good idea? I mean, how can't anyone see this trend as anything other than losing tons of $$$?

They will lead with Halo and the TV show, then when that's moderately successful, they will expect similar results for all TV tie ins moving forward lol...good luck.

That Nancy Tellem person will send MS game division so far into the red you will forget other colors exist. All spent on TV too, not games...
#2TheHunger82Posted 1/18/2014 2:18:52 AM
Their pockets are pretty deep. Whats the problem? Why are you affected in any way?
---
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
GamerTag : TheHunger82
#3BIackWindPosted 1/18/2014 2:19:45 AM
Of course not. Microsoft is an idiot company.
#4NeoMonkPosted 1/18/2014 2:21:05 AM
They reek of desperation right now, moreso than nintendo.
So why not... go for it, we'll be over here laughing as always.
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#5krystylaPosted 1/18/2014 2:45:38 AM
Isn't only a Halo series in the works so far?

I am happy as there is a severe lack of good Sci-Fi series, especially Space Operas, the last few years
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#6CaIiber345Posted 1/18/2014 2:50:01 AM
krystyla posted...

I am happy as there is a severe lack of good Sci-Fi series, especially Space Operas, the last few years

Microsoft is interested in and is developing "original programming."

http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/14/5210996/microsoft-launching-original-programming-on-xbox-in-first-half-of-2014
---
I'd like to play DayZ on consoles.
People who agree: 2
#7FinzFan4lifePosted 1/18/2014 2:50:45 AM
MilesTeg420 posted...
It seems like Microsoft plans on creating double the budget for every video game project, at insane development costs.

Do you think this is a good idea? I mean, how can't anyone see this trend as anything other than losing tons of $$$?

They will lead with Halo and the TV show, then when that's moderately successful, they will expect similar results for all TV tie ins moving forward lol...good luck.

That Nancy Tellem person will send MS game division so far into the red you will forget other colors exist. All spent on TV too, not games...

There is one game that has a series with that is an actual tie in and that's quantum break halo series has nothing to do with the game
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#8CaIiber345Posted 1/18/2014 2:59:37 AM
FinzFan4life posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...

There is one game that has a series with that is an actual tie in and that's quantum break halo series has nothing to do with the game

That's not what TC is asking about.
---
I'd like to play DayZ on consoles.
People who agree: 2
#9krystylaPosted 1/18/2014 3:09:42 AM
CaIiber345 posted...
krystyla posted...

Microsoft is interested in and is developing "original programming."

http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/14/5210996/microsoft-launching-original-programming-on-xbox-in-first-half-of-2014

Doesn't necessarily mean every game will have one but that they'll explore it. Just like Ubisoft is thinking of making a movie to all their games and if the AC movie will be a huge hit we can expect all sorts of movies based on games.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB