Titanfall multiplayer footage

#71TMOGPosted 1/18/2014 6:47:46 AM
thefinalzapkeet posted...
i think it makes it look unique, and it would be an easier way to hack by just "stabbing" a machine instead of fumbling with a USB stick

Yeah, if your goal is to render the device inoperable so you can't access the data / open the door / lock the door / whatever you're trying to do

And if you fumble with USB sticks you certainly shouldn't be trusted with a knife
---
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6870/tmog01.png
#72leatheljPosted 1/18/2014 6:55:27 AM
That at guy was right you people will find any thing negative about the game you can keep argueing about it on game FAQ fighting over pixels I will actually be enjoying game. Things people will do to bash a game .
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#73SoulTrapper(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2014 7:00:17 AM
thefinalzapkeet posted...

exactly what i quoted, you don't think anything can be improved in the game (including graphics) despite the fact that the we could be playing on an earlier build, which is how a lot of betas/alphas go

I never said that, you're making stuff up.

i think it makes it look unique, and it would be an easier way to hack by just "stabbing" a machine instead of fumbling with a USB stick

And that's stupid.
Stabbing a machine, damaging circuits and whatever is pretty counterproductive if you want to information out of it or even try to get it to function.

I understand it appeals to the average 14 year old, but making a simple chip that can be set in place makes much more sense.

fair enough. i mean, it's your choice. Do you not use Steam either? they're the same exact thing, the only difference is that Steam has significantly more sales than Origin, but i've heard that Origin is actually more transparent than steam in some ways

I do use Steam and they're far from the same thing.
Steam, for example, makes it optional for you to share the data on your PC. With origin, this is mandatory and they look through EVERYTHING, even you photos on your cellphone:

http://i.imgur.com/QDRcAwQ.png

as someone who has played every game you mentioned (except for Forza), i played them without spending anything on microtransactions and still had a lot of fun with them and don't feel like anyone else had some unfair advantage. But as you said, it's subjective

That's great, yet there are dozens of complaints about them everywhere.

and i don't get why you think it shouldn't be in a 60 dollar game, do you also think DLC shouldn't be an OPTION (keyword there, you don't have to buy it) if you spend 60 dollars on a game?

Nice strawman.

If I pay $60 for a game, it should be a full game and shouldn't try and charge me more for content that is available in the game.
Because when it does, it's often because the stuff they have you pay for is purposefully made hard to get, as proven by Ryse and forza.
On top of that, it breaks the entire feeling of being in a game, especially in Dead Space3 this was horrible on top of the already terrible co-op they added.

And to address your strawmman: it depends on what the DLC is.
#74Senel_117Posted 1/18/2014 7:16:02 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
More footage:

http://vimeo.com/84446805

The stuff at 1:40 doesn't really seem very balanced yet, though.

I've seen other Alpha footage but yea at 1:40 it seems the bots need to be scaled up seeing as there were almost 7 in the room and they couldn't kill 1 player

i assume this is because it's an alpha build though.. hopefully
---
Xbox 360: Caboose 1117 / PS3: final_hazard
#75dnmtPosted 1/18/2014 7:23:35 AM
Senel_117 posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
More footage:

I've seen other Alpha footage but yea at 1:40 it seems the bots need to be scaled up seeing as there were almost 7 in the room and they couldn't kill 1 player

Ten bucks says they're gonna be exactly the same. I'm pretty sure they're crappy by design so bad players can feel like Superman taking down eight of them at once.
#76thefinalzapkeetPosted 1/18/2014 7:24:42 AM
I never said that, you're making stuff up.

I misunderstood you then, i apologize

And that's stupid.
Stabbing a machine, damaging circuits and whatever is pretty counterproductive if you want to information out of it or even try to get it to function.

I understand it appeals to the average 14 year old, but making a simple chip that can be set in place makes much more sense.

oh look, personal insults. I'm 23 by the way and I think it looks cool. reword this to where you aren't inflammatory and i may respond to it seriously

I do use Steam and they're far from the same thing.
Steam, for example, makes it optional for you to share the data on your PC. With origin, this is mandatory and they look through EVERYTHING, even you photos on your cellphone:

http://i.imgur.com/QDRcAwQ.png

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/EA-Says-Origin-Isn-t-Spyware-Although-It-Does-Scan-Your-Entire-PC-36690.html

this has been disproven, and steam will still scan your data and computer for the same reasons, trying to figure out why things are bugging out. neither is recording information.

That's great, yet there are dozens of complaints about them everywhere.

that's great, and dozens of praises to games everywhere. I don't think anecdotal evidence will prove anything on either side. the worst i've ever seen is Battlefield 3 allowing you to get all of the kits at one cost instead of leveling to get them. But i had fun unlocking them myself

Nice strawman.

If I pay $60 for a game, it should be a full game and shouldn't try and charge me more for content that is available in the game.
Because when it does, it's often because the stuff they have you pay for is purposefully made hard to get, as proven by Ryse and forza.
On top of that, it breaks the entire feeling of being in a game, especially in Dead Space3 this was horrible on top of the already terrible co-op they added.

And to address your strawmman: it depends on what the DLC is.

i don't think it's a strawman...you're referring to the point that if there's a 60 dollar game you should get "everything" that comes with it. which is 100% fair and i agree with it

however, if additional content is developed for it, why shouldn't they charge for it? Assuming it wasn't in the main game. With that being said, i've heard dead space 3 was really bad but i haven't played that so i can't comment on it. I just don't understand why people have issues with microtransactions and dlc when they're optional. And this isn't just to EA or any specific console/publisher/developer, this is in general. I don't like map packs, so i won't give them money for it. likewise i'll buy (and enjoy) all dlc that adds to the story of a game
---
Go the Distance is the most inspirational song ever
those that agree: 47
#77thefinalzapkeetPosted 1/18/2014 7:27:04 AM
Senel_117 posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
More footage:

my guess it'll be like Star wars battlefront. where the AI isn't that good, but the players can be, but this allows for massive battles

it also allows you to not have an issue where you spawn, die, spawn, die, spawn, die, spawn and you can still have a lot of fun. I enjoy coop more than PVP, and it'll be fun to run around with some friends blowing up bots, and then having the occasional PVP battle
---
Go the Distance is the most inspirational song ever
those that agree: 47
#78mjc0961Posted 1/18/2014 7:47:23 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
Now let's hope EA doesn't mess it up with microtransactions or some other crap.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This game is boned already, they just haven't announced how yet.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#79nickizgr8Posted 1/18/2014 8:11:33 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
http://blip.tv/originalgamer/titanfall-multiplayer-footage-6718705

Screenshot of the game:

http://i.imgur.com/RwdQyGX.jpg

Data knife for hacking.

Those textures on the arm aren't exactly great, is this what the power of the cloud adds to the xbox?

Oh, oh god those textures look like arse argh it burns!!
---
Brothers and Sisters are sworn enemies Like PC Gamers and Xbox Gamers, or PC Gamers and Sony Gamers, Or PC Gamers and PC Gamers, Damn PC Gamers ruined PC gaming
#80gohoanqPosted 1/18/2014 8:53:00 AM
It looks fun.. but I think the allure of controlling a mech will run out quickly in a game like that. It'd be different if they made them more important ya know? What I see in that game is, wait a couple minutes.. and get your Titan.. lol They can be destroyed fairly easily, and a lot of people can have them at any given time. It's just another power up for an FPS from what I can tell. Not really important to the gameplay. An attack dog in CoD Ghosts is useful, but anyone can use it, and it's easy to get.. so after a while it's just another thing in the game. I see Titans becoming something like that. Still, can't wait to play it since it's for XO which has nothing for a long time.. and I love CoD so it's just a new different version of that for me. lol
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.