Ryse or Assassin's Creed?

#1majinbuu58Posted 1/18/2014 5:13:39 AM
Which one should I get? Leaning towards Ryse just for something new... but naval battles.......
#2Rome218Posted 1/18/2014 5:19:09 AM
I think there is a lot more to do in AC. I love Ryse, it has the best graphics on console.

The naval battles are cool, and it is a sandbox with a lot to explore and find. I really liked the story.(Except when you go to the future, but those segments are few.)
#3SunDevil77Posted 1/18/2014 7:06:26 AM
Buuuuu.

I'd go with AC4 for now. Ryse is great, but it's short, so I'd say wait for a sale if you're only getting one. AC 4 has 40+ hours of content, and is enjoyable for every single one of 'em.

However, Ryse's co op mode is fantastic, if you're into multiplayer. I'd totally hit up either AC4 or Ryse online with ya though.
---
My teeth are swords, my claws are spears, my wings are a hurricane!
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#4majinbuu58(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2014 12:20:41 PM
I decided to go with Ryse. AC will come later lol
#5Troll_DirectoryPosted 1/18/2014 12:24:39 PM
save ryse for later. if for no other reason, the graphics could spoil you on other games.
#6bessy67Posted 1/18/2014 12:33:57 PM
AC4 has better single player but Ryse multiplayer is addictive.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#7Cornbread4lifePosted 1/18/2014 12:45:24 PM
AC4 is my favorite in the series. You're literally a pirate. The entire game. Keep the receipt for Ryse. Not saying it's bad, but it's short. Maybe just beat it quick and get your money back and get AC4.
---
GT: Cornbread4life
#8plus1zeroPosted 1/18/2014 12:51:14 PM
I have RYSE and ac4 on ps4.

Ac4 will last a lot longer. I do love me some RYSE though. They're both good. I'd have to give the nod to ac4 though.
#9goatthiefPosted 1/18/2014 1:17:43 PM
You made a huuuge mistake. Ryse is the biggest letdown of the year. Probably biggest let down since the LOST finale.
---
Please visit 261, the gamefaqs politics board so you can become more informed about the process before voting.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/261-politics
#10Gigant0pithecusPosted 1/18/2014 1:45:41 PM
I own ACIV on PS4, and also own Ryse.

Personally I prefer Ryse but it can get a little repetitive. ACIV on the other hand is just a bunch of checklist style gameplay and collecting stuff. A big grind. At least a third of the missions, it felt like, were tailing missions which are just annoying. I did platinum it, but I can't say I enjoyed it much. Pretty much zero replay value. Naval battles get old very fast and aren't that in-depth. Somewhat regret buying it. For how free it totes itself to be, it feels very linear in that nothing you do feels like it has any meaning to it; holds no weight. Hence it feels like a boring list you're trudging through and checking things off of. Wouldn't recommend buying this unless it drops to maybe $19 or so. Otherwise rent or pass altogether.

Depending on how much you enjoy Ryse's combat, the Gladiator-mode could hold you over for quite some time. It lasted me roughly a month and a half before I started losing interest. The real fun and challenge in Ryse comes from trying to get your combo higher in Gladiator-mode so you experience different executions and get more gold. I had much more fun with it vs. ACIV. But it lacks depth as well and is pretty much a QTE combo-building hack 'n slash. It's fun for awhile though in that blockbuster kind of way, and has achievements for harder difficulties which is always appreciated in my book.

/my 2 cents
---
XBL: Gigantopithecus
PSN: SugarPussPulled