Xbox One - External SSD Question?

#1JtenkaPosted 1/18/2014 7:59:17 AM
I know that the Playstation 4 allows you to change your HDD for another of your choice fairly easy, However the Xbox One does not.

When the external support is added, will the Xbox one be able to read and boot faster using an SSD(Externally) or does it boot off the main HDD.
---
GT - Jtenka
#2Jtenka(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2014 8:11:06 AM
Bump -
---
GT - Jtenka
#3A_HollowPosted 1/18/2014 8:12:10 AM
I hope it does. I have 2 SSDs on my laptop and I'm planning to buy a massive capacity one for my console, it will either be for my PS4 or Xbox One, so far it looks like I'll stick it in the PS4 since warranty is voided on the Xbox One for any internal swap.
#4dnmtPosted 1/18/2014 8:17:13 AM
SSD will give you a slight speed improvement but also void your warranty in the process.
#5Jtenka(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2014 8:22:25 AM
dnmt posted...
SSD will give you a slight speed improvement but also void your warranty in the process.

I don't think you understood the question. Will an External SSD boot the console faster, or will the Console boot only off the original HDD but use the external as Extra GB space
---
GT - Jtenka
#6Jtenka(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2014 8:37:27 AM
bump/
---
GT - Jtenka
#7Sirhc5509Posted 1/18/2014 8:44:15 AM
I would assume all the OS would remain on the internal HDD and the external would be only for game data, you would still have the same initial boot time and response from the OS but the games themselves should load faster, unless for some crazy reason MS allows you to offload the OS to an external but that seems pretty far fetched.
#8Jtenka(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2014 9:06:41 AM
Sirhc5509 posted...
I would assume all the OS would remain on the internal HDD and the external would be only for game data, you would still have the same initial boot time and response from the OS but the games themselves should load faster, unless for some crazy reason MS allows you to offload the OS to an external but that seems pretty far fetched.

Thank you.
---
GT - Jtenka