Titanfall is to Xbone as Gears of War is to 360

#11MetroidFan9999Posted 1/18/2014 11:19:58 AM
So an overhyped clunkfest?

---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#12teeebzPosted 1/18/2014 11:28:54 AM
Gears of war is an awesome game online (even with the BS moments) and there is actually a learning curve unlike many shooters today. Great players stand out if they have skill. The community is still very active and I still play gears 3 online.

Haven't heard people call it clunky since the first games movement style. Don't know how it's considered overhyped when it's still so active. Obviously people enjoy it.
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83
#13NO2_FiendPosted 1/18/2014 11:30:22 AM
That's a horrible comparison. Gears of War was just a boring cookie cutter TPS that really was only liked by fanboys. Titanfall actually looks pretty interesting so I don't think they're on the same level at all.
---
I can't believe I've been here this long....
#14ElPolloDiablo87Posted 1/18/2014 11:31:36 AM
NO2_Fiend posted...
That's a horrible comparison. Gears of War was just a boring cookie cutter TPS that really was only liked by fanboys. Titanfall actually looks pretty interesting so I don't think they're on the same level at all.

Gears of War was a great game that was emulated by so many people last generation. Did you like Uncharted? You have Gears to thank for that.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#15NO2_FiendPosted 1/18/2014 11:34:39 AM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
NO2_Fiend posted...

Gears of War was a great game that was emulated by so many people last generation. Did you like Uncharted? You have Gears to thank for that.

Hated Uncharted. LOL I must be the only Sony fan that did but then again there are very few exclusive games I've ever been interested in outside of Nintendo. Titanfall on the other hand well that may make me break down and buy a One.
---
I can't believe I've been here this long....
#16Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 1/18/2014 11:39:32 AM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
It will be interesting to see if MS can lock down exclusive rights to the series.

not if Respawn has anything to say about it.
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/10/30/zampella-of-course-respawn-will-have-games-on-ps4-just-not-t/
then again they'll probably become EA's lackey just like they were when they were with Activision
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#17EGMRULZPosted 1/18/2014 4:36:50 PM
It's not even out yet but I don't think TF has the same appeal as something like GOW. With TF you'll only see a handful of people that are really into it. GOW generated so much hype before it came out and with each sequel people were really craving it. Also, GOW had single and multiplayer which TF does not so I wouldn't say the two are equals.
---
PC & Consoles > Everything
#18archibald3Posted 1/18/2014 4:40:12 PM
NO2_Fiend posted...

Over 17,000,000 "fanboys"..lol Thats 17 million...
#19TenzhiPosted 1/18/2014 4:42:45 PM
Gears of War had more actual *game* to it. Titanfall is more like Team Fortress with more mechs and less personality.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#20scoobydoobydontPosted 1/18/2014 4:48:46 PM
GoW had a large, epic SP campaign. Titanfail offers nothing to me.
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith