We can all agree Titanfall is the next great game but what after that?

#11Foxx3kPosted 1/18/2014 3:06:57 PM
aszsith posted...
We can agree that Titanfall is the next big hype game. It's level of greatness will have to be proven and earned, not assigned based on hype alone.

Can you name a game from recent memory that has universally wowed public audiences at trade shows like PAX, GamesCom, and E3 that was launched to disappointment?

For the sake of argument, let's make things fun and say "Battlefield 4 does not count."
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#12ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 1/18/2014 3:13:01 PM
The Evil Within
New Hitman game
Alien Isolation
Dying Light
Mad Max
watch_dogs
the division
strider
---
Gamertag: ALMIGHTY CHEEKS
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS
#13aszsithPosted 1/18/2014 3:14:33 PM
Foxx3k posted...
aszsith posted...
We can agree that Titanfall is the next big hype game. It's level of greatness will have to be proven and earned, not assigned based on hype alone.

Can you name a game from recent memory that has universally wowed public audiences at trade shows like PAX, GamesCom, and E3 that was launched to disappointment?

For the sake of argument, let's make things fun and say "Battlefield 4 does not count."

Aliens Colonial Marines.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#14Foxx3kPosted 1/18/2014 3:15:25 PM
aszsith posted...
Foxx3k posted...
aszsith posted...

Aliens Colonial Marines.

There was an implication in my post that "wowed public audiences" was from public gameplay demonstrations. But I can see now that I did not make that clear.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#15aszsithPosted 1/18/2014 3:22:21 PM
Foxx3k posted...
aszsith posted...
Foxx3k posted...
aszsith posted...

Aliens Colonial Marines.

There was an implication in my post that "wowed public audiences" was from public gameplay demonstrations. But I can see now that I did not make that clear.

Don't get me wrong: Titanfall, while not appealing to me due to the lack of single player, could end up being a great game. The key word there is COULD. It isn't finished yet and hasn't released. The game should not be called "great" based on a demo alone. Once it is released and a large audience can experience it, then a universal determination can be made. Until then, it is speculation and hype.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#16PominAusPosted 1/19/2014 7:27:07 AM
Looks like I'm the only person keen for Thief.
#17schmarkenheimerPosted 1/19/2014 7:31:54 AM
PominAus posted...

From what I've heard it's not Thief, more Assassins "take some stuff" Creed.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#18Rod1984Posted 1/19/2014 7:37:50 AM
you guys forgot about February, we got thief and plants vs zombies garden warfare, FF13-3(dont care about) and I guess.. lego the movie I suppose.., yea just scratch off the last one I mentioned heh
---
PSN: mavrik1984 - GamerTag: rod1984 - Steam: rod1984
#19PominAusPosted 1/19/2014 7:45:20 AM
schmarkenheimer posted...
PominAus posted...

From what I've heard it's not Thief, more Assassins "take some stuff" Creed.

I missed out on the previous Thief games, so it won't have much to live up to, except Dishonored and I enjoyed that.
#20rildomeinPosted 1/19/2014 8:00:04 AM
Infamous: Second Son
---
[[[[[WATCH THE POWER]]]]
Youtube channel: joshlovaca