Is XBOne on Par With Optimized PC Games?

#1PolskihammerPosted 1/18/2014 6:13:27 PM
Currently speaking, with battlefield 4, COD: Ghost, Assassins Creed 4?
---
= |
#2SabramPosted 1/18/2014 6:23:59 PM
not even close.
---
I have discovered the perfect game. It is called Starbound, and shall be played forever.
PSN: Sabram
#3mikel93Posted 1/18/2014 6:35:00 PM(edited)
From what I've seen, AC4 and BF4 run worse on Xbone than on PS4 and PC. (Frame rate drops, graphics not being sharp enough, etc.)

CoD, on the other hand, was poorly optimized, so of course it'd fare worse on those two consoles and better on Xbone...
#4tatsuya1221Posted 1/18/2014 6:40:50 PM(edited)
Sabram posted...
not even close.

This, it's not even a competition.

That said, comparing consoles and pc is kind of a pointless argument in itself, pc will always be superior to consoles due to there being no roof for power on the pc, granted that it costs more if you go too high, but the point is, no console can ever truly surpass a upper-mid range pc's potential without costing alot more than most want to pay.

Consoles are usually more bang for your buck, but a pc is more versatile.
All groups have their exclusives so that's not a factor either.
---
One who does not learn from his mistakes, is doomed to repeat them.
#5PorungaPosted 1/18/2014 6:41:54 PM
No.. it is so far from being on par that I am tempted to send you back to gamer school for even asking such a question. And for the record, neither is the PS4.. not that either one are bad, just not on the same level as a high end PC.
#6Rome218Posted 1/18/2014 7:02:43 PM
Every PC gamer on here acts as though they have a super high end Machine. If Ryse was multi, a lot of them would struggle to run it.
#7Rome218Posted 1/18/2014 7:04:51 PM
mikel93 posted...
From what I've seen, AC4 and BF4 run worse on Xbone than on PS4 and PC. (Frame rate drops, graphics not being sharp enough, etc.)

CoD, on the other hand, was poorly optimized, so of course it'd fare worse on those two consoles and better on Xbone...

AC4 framerate drops? Whaaaa? o_O I have not noticed any frame rate drops. I own the game on XB1.

I have not played all games on Xbox one, but it felt just as smooth as I remembered from the 360 version.

Can't say anything for BF4 because I do not own it.
#8PorungaPosted 1/18/2014 7:05:18 PM
Rome218 posted...
Every PC gamer on here acts as though they have a super high end Machine. If Ryse was multi, a lot of them would struggle to run it.

They act that way because if they are serious about PC gaming, their hardware WOULD be bleeding edge. That is what PC gamers do. You are thinking of PC casuals, who try to run the latest games on a stock HP with no video card.
#9daniel79Posted 1/18/2014 7:07:05 PM
Rome218 posted...

More to the point, why would they want to?
#10Rome218Posted 1/18/2014 7:20:36 PM
daniel79 posted...
Rome218 posted...

More to the point, why would they want to?

Because it's awesome. I think Crysis 1 is awesome too. However, during the time when it was too hard to run on systems, people were saying it was an average shooter.

Butt hurt people.