Is XBOne on Par With Optimized PC Games?

#11SabramPosted 1/18/2014 7:43:17 PM
Rome218 posted...
Every PC gamer on here acts as though they have a super high end Machine. If Ryse was multi, a lot of them would struggle to run it.

The rig i have could run Ryse at 60FPs at 900p.

i can run games like Planetside 2 on Ultra at 50-60FPS at 900p.

Why 900p you ask? Cause i sit only about 3 feet from a 21 inch monitor, anything over 900p (or even 720p) wouldnt really be noticeable so I didnt spring for the money to get a higher quality monitor.

Mind you I spent more than twice what the Xbone costs on my PC, and I freely admit that, but I can play other awesome games on it than what the Xbone offers. Like Skyrim, Civ 5, Don't Starve (which isnt graphically intense, but isn't on Xbone)

And most importantly, Starbound, which isn't and as far as I know NOT going to be on Xbone, though may make the jump to PS4 and possibly Vita.
---
I have discovered the perfect game. It is called Starbound, and shall be played forever.
PSN: Sabram
#12Bikes-Posted 1/18/2014 10:02:53 PM
Rome218 posted...
daniel79 posted...
Rome218 posted...
Every PC gamer on here acts as though they have a super high end Machine. If Ryse was multi, a lot of them would struggle to run it.

More to the point, why would they want to?

Because it's awesome. I think Crysis 1 is awesome too. However, during the time when it was too hard to run on systems, people were saying it was an average shooter.

Butt hurt people.

I played it at pretty much max settings and thought it was a subpar shooter >_>
Looked nice, but the plot was shallow and it had one of the worst difficulty curves at all time (Helicopters were a nuisance but once you switched to aliens the game was a cake walk) and the suit powers were boring (minus maybe stealth)
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#13Foxx3kPosted 1/18/2014 10:08:34 PM
Depends on the PC.

</only reasonable answer>
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#14a687947Posted 1/18/2014 10:34:13 PM
Rome218 posted...
daniel79 posted...
Rome218 posted...

Because it's awesome. I think Crysis 1 is awesome too. However, during the time when it was too hard to run on systems, people were saying it was an average shooter.

Butt hurt people.

it is an average shooter, crysis was a graphics showcase first and a game second
#15Foxx3kPosted 1/18/2014 10:40:29 PM
a687947 posted...
Rome218 posted...
daniel79 posted...
Rome218 posted...

Butt hurt people.

it is an average shooter, crysis was a graphics showcase first and a game second

Crytek would make better games if they left the aliens out of it.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]