So... what is the "big deal" about Titanfall? (Honest question)

#21InjusticeRebornPosted 1/19/2014 12:43:42 AM
Pulp posted...
My take...

The fanbois are in desperate need for bragging rights (ie. exclusives). So they go into hype overdrive with any potential exclusive.

My personal opinion is Titanfall looks incredibly boring. 6 v 6 is pathetic and it doesn't matter how you justify it. Beyond that, Titanfall is a pretty odd game for fanbois to hype up....I mean, it's on the PC too. It's not even a console exclusive.

/shrug

Ever think that people aren't hyping it up because it's 'Microsoft Exclusive' or not coming to PlayStation 4 at least, and maybe, just maybe... they're hyping it up because they like the look of it?

I mean, come on, it was getting hyped up by MOST of the gaming community up until recently when it was announced it wasn't seeing the light of day on the PS4.

The amount of Titanfall downplay is astonishing. I don't know what's worse, the flood of TF topics, or the flood of tears it's creating.
---
"Maybe all these clowns should chill out and stop trolling me." - MetroidFan9999
#22DojoMaxPosted 1/19/2014 12:56:40 AM
InjusticeReborn posted...
Pulp posted...
My take...

The fanbois are in desperate need for bragging rights (ie. exclusives). So they go into hype overdrive with any potential exclusive.

My personal opinion is Titanfall looks incredibly boring. 6 v 6 is pathetic and it doesn't matter how you justify it. Beyond that, Titanfall is a pretty odd game for fanbois to hype up....I mean, it's on the PC too. It's not even a console exclusive.

/shrug

Ever think that people aren't hyping it up because it's 'Microsoft Exclusive' or not coming to PlayStation 4 at least, and maybe, just maybe... they're hyping it up because they like the look of it?

I mean, come on, it was getting hyped up by MOST of the gaming community up until recently when it was announced it wasn't seeing the light of day on the PS4.

The amount of Titanfall downplay is astonishing. I don't know what's worse, the flood of TF topics, or the flood of tears it's creating.

It went like.

"Titanfall looks amazing. CoD is boring and a rehash and this look refreshing. Can't wait"

Then

"Titanfalls exclusivity is only DLC"

Then

"Its a timed exclusive it will be on ps4 in 6 months"

Then

"Titanfall 2 will be on PS4"

Then

"The game sucks. Last gen graphics. Looks boring. Its not even an exclusive."
---
XBL: xShotz 101x | PSN DojoMax | I've had both systems and they're both garbage... :) | stop trollin
#23FeatherwindPosted 1/19/2014 12:58:44 AM(edited)
It seems that people are generally skeptical of the hype and reviews of EA games as they feel they've been misled or even lied to in the past. They've even been voted the Worst Company of the Year twice because of the disappointment their games have caused. They seem to know how to please professional reviewers or generate hype but most people feel that games like DA2, Dead Space 3 or Mass Effect 3 did not live up to the hype or expectations.
---
pathological
#24teehee23Posted 1/19/2014 1:10:02 AM
Titanfall is a rejuvenation of a genre and a true net gen evolution in gaming.
It, like intimacy, can only be enjoyed by experience. Pictures or videos give a tease but once you actually feel Titanfall it's an experience unlike any other.

We believe if you're a true hardcore oldschool gamer you must Titanfall.
We like it both ways and are going to enjoy Titanfall on both Xbox #1 and Xbox360.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#25DojoMaxPosted 1/19/2014 2:03:31 AM
Featherwind posted...
It seems that people are generally skeptical of the hype and reviews of EA games as they feel they've been misled or even lied to in the past. They've even been voted the Worst Company of the Year twice because of the disappointment their games have caused. They seem to know how to please professional reviewers or generate hype but most people feel that games like DA2, Dead Space 3 or Mass Effect 3 did not live up to the hype or expectations.

Yea but respawn isn't owned by EA and they're publishing the game but nothing suggests they're anything but that in this situation. I'm sure the guys at respawn would like to stay independent of major publishers. Otherwise if they didn't, leaving Activision to go to EA would be pointless.

That said I wouldn't worry about this title I believe the majority of people will have fun with this game.
---
XBL: xShotz 101x | PSN DojoMax | I've had both systems and they're both garbage... :) | stop trollin
#26Reginleif20Posted 1/19/2014 2:17:49 AM
GeminiX7 posted...
I'll start off by saying that:

1. I own neither a PS4 nor an XB1 and own both of the previous gen consoles(I will buy one or the other eventually)
2. I actually enjoy FPS games. I'm not one of those haughty taughty e-hipsters that thinks every shooter is just a brown-grey HALO/COD/GEARS clone and automatically hates all games under the genre

That said, I've been trying to keep close attention to both MS and Sony news and there seems to be ALOT of fanfare for Titanfall, at least on this board and in the comment sections on a few gaming new sites. People seem to talk about the game as if thee is something extremely revolutionary or groundbreaking, or as if it is the first "MUST HAVE" game of this new gaming generation. But I'm not really understanding why.

Watching videos the game does look pretty fun, which I suppose is enough to make it anticipated, but to the degree that people seem to obsess over it? Ehhh.... not so much. Parkour and freerunning have been done in FPS games before(hopefully this game will do it better), and sci-fi shooters in general have been done to death(probably 2nd most overused setting after WWII). The mech suits look cool, but they don't seem to be the big focus of the game, and honestly mech suits in shooters have also been done before.

Now, again, I am not saying Titanfall will suck or even that it looks bad but I'm wondering what all the obsession is about. What features(either revolutionary or refined) make this a MUST HAVE game? I see alot of topics asking "Ponies" if they are jealous they aren't getting the game on the PS4 but I still don't understand why they would be jealous. It's kinda, to me at least, like asking if MS fanboys are jealous inFamous isn't coming to Xbox. Sure, the game isn't bad but it also isn't some revolutionary experience that can't be found anywhere else in any other form.

Nothing special really, just some xbone fanboys hyping the inferior version of a lackluster shooter on a subpar console for reassurance and to piss off the ponies
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#27TrueGBPosted 1/19/2014 2:43:17 AM
uwhawk09 posted...
The people who will not get to play it (PS4lifers) will judge the game by alpha video that the game is exactly like Call of Duty with mechs. Therefore "they never wanted it anyways" and eliminates any portrayal of jealousy.

That's okay. We'll grab the sequel:

Respawn co-founder Vince Zampella has suggested that Titanfall - or at least a Titanfall sequel - could come to PS4 after all.

When asked on Twitter if Respawn would make PS4 games in the future, Zampella replied, "Of course we will, just not the first Titanfall."

Furthermore, when asked, "does the new announcement regarding Titanfall exclusivity to Xbox mean the Titanfall series or this release?" Zampella replied, "Just this release."

---
Future Billionaire
#28SoulTrapperPosted 1/19/2014 2:48:08 AM(edited)
The "big deal" is that it looks fun.
It's CoD with a gimmick, in this case mechs and it could prove to be a fun game to play.

The reason people have lost a bit of enthusiasm, is because it turned out to only support 6vs6 match ups (although it's uncertain if this is good or bad, it's something that disappointed a lot of people) and the graphics we've seen from the beta test (which is an alpha build according to the devs) aren't exactly good.

Marqmax posted...

Yea but respawn isn't owned by EA and they're publishing the game but nothing suggests they're anything but that in this situation.

Wrong:
EA even decided what platforms it would release on, the devs didn't even know there wouldn't be a ps4 version until EA told them so.

https://twitter.com/VinceZampella/status/395325209521029120

Thinking that EA doesn't have a major say in other areas is naive, at best.
EA always has a major part in every game they publish.
#29nableetPosted 1/19/2014 2:54:03 AM
garcia_jx posted...
What's the big deal? It's a big deal because COD 4 and MW 2 are the best COD games of the series--the last two games that Vince Zampella and his talented crew worked on. Titanfall will be a better COD game than COD itself. Since the the departure of the real IW, COD has gone to hell. Titanfall will be like COD 4 and MW 2 with titans.

If MW2 is considered one of the best of the series then I am eternally thankful that I didn't play any of the others (4 and beyond, I liked the original PC games). The MP was an atrocious campfest, imo.

I doubt titanfall will be anything like CoD 4 or MW2, aside from the lack of recoil.
---
GT - Tyfighta23 PSN - N/A
#30nableetPosted 1/19/2014 3:00:47 AM
Ever think that people aren't hating on it because it's 'Microsoft Exclusive' or not coming to PlayStation 4 at least, and maybe, just maybe... they're hating on it because they don't like the look of it?
---
GT - Tyfighta23 PSN - N/A