So... what is the "big deal" about Titanfall? (Honest question)

#31Superman070776Posted 1/19/2014 4:02:04 AM
The big deal is, this is Respawn. They made th best COD game ever and left Infinity Ward when they were not paid according to their contract. The hype is made bigger because Sony fans have to either get it for PC and become part of the PC Master Race, or so without. That makes them mad so they troll in here and whine about things that don't matter, like 6v6. Anyone who has watched one of the illegal leaked videos knows the game is packs with action and fun. Ignore the Pony trolls, and get the game if you have the X1 to play it on. No news has come out about the 360 version, except it is not being made by Respawn.

And yes, I said Ponies. I am glad to be a X1 fan...which is why I am in the X1 forums.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/BoilingKoolaid
#32theonlyoneleoPosted 1/19/2014 4:18:30 AM(edited)
Pulp posted...
My take...

The fanbois are in desperate need for bragging rights (ie. exclusives). So they go into hype overdrive with any potential exclusive.

My personal opinion is Titanfall looks incredibly boring. 6 v 6 is pathetic and it doesn't matter how you justify it. Beyond that, Titanfall is a pretty odd game for fanbois to hype up....I mean, it's on the PC too. It's not even a console exclusive.

/shrug

and??the first gears of war game was on PC as well WITH an extra act to boot but it still sold less than the 360 version...so it will sell more on xbox one whether you like it or not
---
''why follow mcmahonism when you can be a TNAtheist''
#33nableetPosted 1/19/2014 4:08:49 AM
Superman070776 posted...
The big deal is, this is Respawn. They made th best COD game ever and left Infinity Ward when they were not paid according to their contract. The hype is made bigger because Sony fans have to either get it for PC and become part of the PC Master Race, or so without. That makes them mad so they troll in here and whine about things that don't matter, like 6v6. Anyone who has watched one of the illegal leaked videos knows the game is packs with action and fun. Ignore the Pony trolls, and get the game if you have the X1 to play it on. No news has come out about the 360 version, except it is not being made by Respawn.

And yes, I said Ponies. I am glad to be a X1 fan...which is why I am in the X1 forums.

I find "best CoD game" to be an oxymoron.

I have watch the videos and didn't notice the game being packed with action. It looked ok, bots didn't seem to provide any worthwhile action and I'm sure another player or 2 wouldn't have hurt it that much.

The lack of news on the 360 is really worrying. If it is a mess, I can't see people wanting to stick with the IP going forward.
---
GT - Tyfighta23 PSN - N/A
#34theonlyoneleoPosted 1/19/2014 4:15:01 AM
Marqmax posted...
InjusticeReborn posted...
Pulp posted...
My take...

The fanbois are in desperate need for bragging rights (ie. exclusives). So they go into hype overdrive with any potential exclusive.

My personal opinion is Titanfall looks incredibly boring. 6 v 6 is pathetic and it doesn't matter how you justify it. Beyond that, Titanfall is a pretty odd game for fanbois to hype up....I mean, it's on the PC too. It's not even a console exclusive.

/shrug

Ever think that people aren't hyping it up because it's 'Microsoft Exclusive' or not coming to PlayStation 4 at least, and maybe, just maybe... they're hyping it up because they like the look of it?

I mean, come on, it was getting hyped up by MOST of the gaming community up until recently when it was announced it wasn't seeing the light of day on the PS4.

The amount of Titanfall downplay is astonishing. I don't know what's worse, the flood of TF topics, or the flood of tears it's creating.

It went like.

"Titanfall looks amazing. CoD is boring and a rehash and this look refreshing. Can't wait"

Then

"Titanfalls exclusivity is only DLC"

Then

"Its a timed exclusive it will be on ps4 in 6 months"

Then

"Titanfall 2 will be on PS4"

Then

"The game sucks. Last gen graphics. Looks boring. Its not even an exclusive."

LMFAO its hilarious cuz its true
---
''why follow mcmahonism when you can be a TNAtheist''
#35BarneyBoscoPosted 1/19/2014 6:10:51 AM
Looks like COD with robots and jetpacks to me, but IMO if it helps Battlefield 2153 get made I'm all for other people buying it.
---
http://www.mykaussie.com/images/Tennis1.jpg
#36NO2_FiendPosted 1/19/2014 6:31:26 AM
garcia_jx posted...
Titanfall will be like COD 4 and MW 2 with titans.

Soooooo it'll be awful? 4 was OK for its time but it's far from the best modern CoD and LOL MW2 was the worst modern CoD so yeah those guys don't exactly have the best track record.

I thought the game looked OK until I noticed they added stupid features like a cloaking device. Screw that garbage I'm not touching that title.
---
I can't believe I've been here this long....
#37Aone1987Posted 1/19/2014 10:31:33 AM
It think it looks cool, but nothing special. Havent seen anything I havent seen before. I think its more hyped on gamefaqs than anywhere else. Pre-orders are lower than expected. So it may be a word of mouth game. Online only is never a good idea, especially dealing with att&t :(
#38scorpio manPosted 1/19/2014 11:25:59 AM
Marqmax posted...
InjusticeReborn posted...
Pulp posted...
My take...

/shrug

Ever think that people aren't hyping it up because it's 'Microsoft Exclusive' or not coming to PlayStation 4 at least, and maybe, just maybe... they're hyping it up because they like the look of it?

I mean, come on, it was getting hyped up by MOST of the gaming community up until recently when it was announced it wasn't seeing the light of day on the PS4.

The amount of Titanfall downplay is astonishing. I don't know what's worse, the flood of TF topics, or the flood of tears it's creating.

It went like.

"Titanfall looks amazing. CoD is boring and a rehash and this look refreshing. Can't wait"

Then

"Titanfalls exclusivity is only DLC"

Then

"Its a timed exclusive it will be on ps4 in 6 months"

Then

"Titanfall 2 will be on PS4"

Then

"The game sucks. Last gen graphics. Looks boring. Its not even an exclusive."

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
---
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.
#39tirn33Posted 1/19/2014 11:31:17 AM
Try the game and decide for yourself. For me, I play COD like I'm on crack sprinting everywhere. Easy to die to campers. This game rewards aggression. It is extremely fast paced with 6v6.

It is the closest to a UT/Quake game with fast paced action in a long time.

There is no reward for staying alive. Did not even see a KD ratio in stats. Most people hating have not tried it. Videos are not justice. Not for everyone but if you want a frantic balanced game, this is it. If it was on PS4 ponies would be loving it... Promise
#40garcia_jxPosted 1/19/2014 12:09:17 PM
nableet posted...
Ever think that people aren't hating on it because it's 'Microsoft Exclusive' or not coming to PlayStation 4 at least, and maybe, just maybe... they're hating on it because they don't like the look of it?

Nah. Honestly, people were not giving it that much hate until it was announced that it is not ever going to go to the ps4. Then, all the ps4 fanatics started calling it a lame shooter or a COD game with mechs. It's the sametthing as when Halo was at its peak. All the haters called it a mediocre sci-fi shooter. Don't hate what you can't have.