So... what is the "big deal" about Titanfall? (Honest question)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. So... what is the "big deal" about Titanfall? (Honest question)
2 years ago#41
SoulTrapper posted...
The "big deal" is that it looks fun.
It's CoD with a gimmick, in this case mechs and it could prove to be a fun game to play.

The reason people have lost a bit of enthusiasm, is because it turned out to only support 6vs6 match ups (although it's uncertain if this is good or bad, it's something that disappointed a lot of people) and the graphics we've seen from the beta test (which is an alpha build according to the devs) aren't exactly good.

Marqmax posted...

Yea but respawn isn't owned by EA and they're publishing the game but nothing suggests they're anything but that in this situation.

Wrong:
EA even decided what platforms it would release on, the devs didn't even know there wouldn't be a ps4 version until EA told them so.

https://twitter.com/VinceZampella/status/395325209521029120

Thinking that EA doesn't have a major say in other areas is naive, at best.
EA always has a major part in every game they publish.

So....... They're acting as a publisher. OK
---
XBL: xShotz 101x | PSN DojoMax | I've had both systems and they're both garbage... :) | stop trollin
(message deleted)
2 years ago#43
It looks like Halo with mechs, tbqh.
2 years ago#44
Upgrayeddd posted...

This guy gets it
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
2 years ago#45
The big deal is that it's a lot of fun, and a lot of games aren't that fun anymore.
2 years ago#46
Oh look another FPS. What a great new innovative game...oh wait. Luckily for Microsoft, their manufactured hype for this game will get plenty of people to bite.
---
PSN : TMB903
2 years ago#47
Upgrayeddd posted...

Except nothing like Halo at all. From the videos I saw, people died when they were shot...and if you are referencing the jet packs...that isn't much like Halo. It looks like the jet packs in this game facilitate more of a double jump and boost than actual flight or hovering. But that could just be based on how people have chosen to use them.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/BoilingKoolaid
2 years ago#48
It's not revolutionary (IMO) but it does things that no shooter has really been able to smoothly pull off before. Mechs plus the dynamic infantry movement may not redefine the genre but it's a high quality execution of something that has barely ever been conceptualized in gaming.
---
3DS FC: 1822-0233-2390
2 years ago#49
It is something the xbone one will have that the ps4 won't so the xboners are pimping it out as much as they can. :v It looks like just another shooter to me and it doesn't even have a single player mode! How do you tell a story without a campaign? Does it literally have no story? Is just a bunch of people shooting at each other?
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
2 years ago#50
There are countless Titanfall topics on this board.

That leads me to think that many Xbox One buyers who visit this website are not presently happy with their purchase since they are looking forward to a future Xbox One game. There is a whole board dedicated to that game just like there is for every other game, and yet most of the traffic defaults here.

Where's the Lococycle and Xbox Fitness love I ask?

:D
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. So... what is the "big deal" about Titanfall? (Honest question)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived