So... what is the "big deal" about Titanfall? (Honest question)

#51USFPosted 1/19/2014 7:52:46 PM(edited)
garcia_jx posted...
What's the big deal? It's a big deal because COD 4 and MW 2 are the best COD games of the series--the last two games that Vince Zampella and his talented crew worked on. Titanfall will be a better COD game than COD itself. Since the the departure of the real IW, COD has gone to hell. Titanfall will be like COD 4 and MW 2 with titans.

They're really not. The best 2 CoDs are 1 and 2 but the majority of those who say stuff like you said haven't even played them hence why they think 4 and MW2 are the best. Go back and play CoD 4 and MW2 without any nostalgia. I tried, and that **** was awful, simply awful. No recoil, unablanced weapons, grenades broken as ****, the worst spawn system in the history of FPS games etc... Was 4 better than what came after? Sure, but it's still a turd. MW2 especially was one of the most unbalanced things I have ever played in my life, that game sucked ass.

TC, basically it's made by the original IW, the people who wouldn't know what the word balance even means. They can take a **** in a box, sell it for $60, and people will buy it.
---
Because the door was open. Blue skies.
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed IV, Diablo III: RoS, Hearthstone.
#52TheSilentRavenPosted 1/19/2014 8:00:44 PM
Sinizta03 posted...
Oh look another FPS. What a great new innovative game...oh wait. Luckily for Microsoft, their manufactured hype for this game will get plenty of people to bite.

You could say the same for all the Adventure/RPG exclusives that Sony developers keep rehashing.
#53OpheliaAdenadePosted 1/19/2014 8:37:35 PM
TheSilentRaven posted...
Sinizta03 posted...
Oh look another FPS. What a great new innovative game...oh wait. Luckily for Microsoft, their manufactured hype for this game will get plenty of people to bite.

You could say the same for all the Adventure/RPG exclusives that Sony developers keep rehashing.

They are still more diverse than the countless number of FPSs on the xbox. :v They're all very brown and pewpewpew-y.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#54TheSilentRavenPosted 1/19/2014 9:14:59 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
TheSilentRaven posted...
Sinizta03 posted...

They are still more diverse than the countless number of FPSs on the xbox. :v They're all very brown and pewpewpew-y.

Gears of War is third person. Amazing series, minus Judgment.

Halo revolutionized MLG. I enjoyed Halo 4, I thought that it was a step in the right direction.

Titanfall takes the FPS genre in a different direction by adding acrobatic feats coupled with giant Mechs.

Yes, the Xbox exclusives include more first-person shooters, but they're all GREAT titles. Calling them mediocre clearly shows fanboy mentality towards Sony. Also, Killzone and Resistance were both attempts at trying to make great shooters, but both fell short.
#55OpheliaAdenadePosted 1/19/2014 9:35:28 PM
TheSilentRaven posted...

Gears of War is third person. Amazing series, minus Judgment.

Halo revolutionized MLG. I enjoyed Halo 4, I thought that it was a step in the right direction.

Titanfall takes the FPS genre in a different direction by adding acrobatic feats coupled with giant Mechs.

Yes, the Xbox exclusives include more first-person shooters, but they're all GREAT titles. Calling them mediocre clearly shows fanboy mentality towards Sony. Also, Killzone and Resistance were both attempts at trying to make great shooters, but both fell short.

A small number of standout titles doesn't change the fact there are a large number of mediocre ones. I never once said they were all bad. Get a grip.

And why can't a person just not like the xbone without getting called a sony fanboy? I had both a ps3 AND and an xbox 360 last gen, and the wii u will probably be the first "next gen" console that I get. I just genuinely dislike the xbone, it has nothing to do with sony. Shooters don't satisfy me so the xbone has very little to offer me. I guess you guys are just more easily pleased...
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#56SoulTrapperPosted 1/20/2014 8:52:19 AM
Marqmax posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
The "big deal" is that it looks fun.
It's CoD with a gimmick, in this case mechs and it could prove to be a fun game to play.

The reason people have lost a bit of enthusiasm, is because it turned out to only support 6vs6 match ups (although it's uncertain if this is good or bad, it's something that disappointed a lot of people) and the graphics we've seen from the beta test (which is an alpha build according to the devs) aren't exactly good.

Marqmax posted...

Yea but respawn isn't owned by EA and they're publishing the game but nothing suggests they're anything but that in this situation.

Wrong:
EA even decided what platforms it would release on, the devs didn't even know there wouldn't be a ps4 version until EA told them so.

https://twitter.com/VinceZampella/status/395325209521029120

Thinking that EA doesn't have a major say in other areas is naive, at best.
EA always has a major part in every game they publish.

So....... They're acting as a publisher. OK

They're acting as EA: they always have a major say in the games they publish.
#57Exodus_PrimePosted 1/20/2014 9:01:48 AM
CapwnD posted...
GeminiX7 posted...
I see alot of topics asking "Ponies" if they are jealous they aren't getting the game on the PS4 but I still don't understand why they would be jealous. It's kinda, to me at least, like asking if MS fanboys are jealous inFamous isn't coming to Xbox

First of all, I don't condone the topics talking about "ponies" being jealous.

That said, those topics exist because of the daily trolling by the regular pissy squad of Sony Ponies. They try to downplay anything positive on Xbox, and backpat and fawn over anything Sony. Those topics exist because it's the truth. These douchebags feel some kind of need to troll because all they know how to do is suck down anything Sony and attack anything Xbox.

So are you honestly asking the question why people question why these douchebags are on this board?

Haha that's a good one.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#58MrSpaM111Posted 1/20/2014 9:18:52 AM(edited)
It may be a decent game, but I think even the most seasoned Xbox fanatic will admit it's being WAY overhyped, generally because it's the only game in the next few months worth looking forward too.

I can see it being pretty good as far as shooters go, but these people expecting it to be 'game of the year' are in for a bit of a shock. There is now way in a million years an online only FPS's is going to be winning game of the year, and no leagues are going to take a game that has bot's and auto headshot pistols in it seriously.

I expect it'll sell well, but for me, I can't personally see any lasting appeal in it, Everybody will just end up playing COD again once the fanatical hype has died down.

One things for sure, it's going to be pretty interesting watching peoples reactions when the first review crops up giving it a 7/10, I get the impression the hate they'd receive would be astronomical from the community, even from the people who haven't played it yet.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#59Juzten76Posted 1/20/2014 9:22:41 AM
Reginleif20 posted...
GeminiX7 posted...
I'll start off by saying that:

1. I own neither a PS4 nor an XB1 and own both of the previous gen consoles(I will buy one or the other eventually)
2. I actually enjoy FPS games. I'm not one of those haughty taughty e-hipsters that thinks every shooter is just a brown-grey HALO/COD/GEARS clone and automatically hates all games under the genre

That said, I've been trying to keep close attention to both MS and Sony news and there seems to be ALOT of fanfare for Titanfall, at least on this board and in the comment sections on a few gaming new sites. People seem to talk about the game as if thee is something extremely revolutionary or groundbreaking, or as if it is the first "MUST HAVE" game of this new gaming generation. But I'm not really understanding why.

Watching videos the game does look pretty fun, which I suppose is enough to make it anticipated, but to the degree that people seem to obsess over it? Ehhh.... not so much. Parkour and freerunning have been done in FPS games before(hopefully this game will do it better), and sci-fi shooters in general have been done to death(probably 2nd most overused setting after WWII). The mech suits look cool, but they don't seem to be the big focus of the game, and honestly mech suits in shooters have also been done before.

Now, again, I am not saying Titanfall will suck or even that it looks bad but I'm wondering what all the obsession is about. What features(either revolutionary or refined) make this a MUST HAVE game? I see alot of topics asking "Ponies" if they are jealous they aren't getting the game on the PS4 but I still don't understand why they would be jealous. It's kinda, to me at least, like asking if MS fanboys are jealous inFamous isn't coming to Xbox. Sure, the game isn't bad but it also isn't some revolutionary experience that can't be found anywhere else in any other form.

Nothing special really, just some xbone fanboys hyping the inferior version of a lackluster shooter on a subpar console for reassurance and to piss off the ponies

It worked for them. You sound pissed!