anyone switch sides this gen?

#11jellybeanmaster(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2014 4:13:39 AM
BeefEaster posted...
no

I've always owned both MS and sony consoles

I hate restricting myself

I haven't bought a nintendo product since the gamecube because 3rd party support is almost nonexistent and I'm not interested in their first party titles

Im in the same boat.why would someone not want the best of both worlds. When i got my 360, itd really bother me seeing ps3 commercials. Felt like i was being taunted. 7th gen i was back and forth on both consoles for months at a time up until ms stopped supporting the 360
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
#12nableetPosted 1/19/2014 4:22:22 AM
Unless MS pull something out the bag, or all my friends go xbone, I will be going PS4 come July.

The kinect, higher price and attitude of MS during and after E3 were the main reasons. They pushed me in to checking out the PS4 (and 3's library) and even with some of the reversals MS have made, I still feel PS4 will be best for me this time.

I don't do two consoles at once though, I barely get to play one these days!
---
GT - Tyfighta23 PSN - N/A
#13CaIiber345Posted 1/19/2014 4:30:08 AM
I still play and love my Xbox 360. I bought a PS4 at release. I did not own a PS3.

I will buy a Xbox One when they:

A) Offer a SKU without the Kinect (I do not think this will happen).
B) They drop the price to $400.

I do not want the Kinect. I give it credit as an advanced piece of tech over its predecessor, and over the PS4 camera. However I want nothing to do with voice and motion controls in the UI, system functions, and games. So either it ditch it or do not charge extra because of it, and I will buy the Xbox One. Those are my reasons for not choosing Xbox One first this gen.
---
I'd like to play DayZ on consoles.
People who agree: 2
#14OdalmannenPosted 1/19/2014 6:49:20 AM
Hard not too ,everythings about the ps4 better than xbox one overall. The one feels like downgrade from the previous console.
#15LapanuiPosted 1/19/2014 6:51:24 AM
I don't switch sides, I support multiple sides.

Last gen I got a PS3 first, then a 360, sold my PS3, a couple years after that got another one. I preferred the exclusives on the PS3 which is why I got it again, but I feel more comfortable playing on the 360...

This gen I went with the X1 first, but I will get a PS4 maybe later this year or early next year. I'm running out of room to put my consoles... I've had to put my Wii U away to set up my X1.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#16xacebopPosted 1/19/2014 6:52:10 AM
Yeah came from 360 with 5 years of live left. Threw that all away for a ps4 after a ms exec defended the DRM by saying "we have an offline console for you, the 360"

That alone made me switch it wasn't until later I found out about specs and the masses of games
#17XtremeWRATH360Posted 1/19/2014 7:10:51 AM
I switched to PC this gen.

Sony don't have any games making me want to own PS4
XB1 has Kinect which as long as its forced i refuse to purchase.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#18SS_MetalSonicPosted 1/19/2014 10:21:12 AM
No. I support my habits to the fullest . All three at launch and a gaming PC.
---
PSWiiPCBOX - Currently playing - Sonic Generations, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Crysis 3, Tomb Raider, Killzone: Shadow Fall, BioShock: Infinite, Forza 5, Dishonored
#19Aone1987Posted 1/19/2014 10:27:18 AM
2 consoles it stupid for me. To much running around in my life, PS4 Only. Nothing can change that, plus I just played the controller. My lord it is comfortable as hell. Just have to wait to a store has one. Its a horrible drought, Sony step your game up!
#20vcoughPosted 1/19/2014 10:34:03 AM
I only have time and money for one system per gen, its XBox One for me.
---
XBox One Gamertag: Vann689