Which do you think IGN favors more, MS or Sony?

#11nizam216Posted 1/19/2014 5:19:05 AM(edited)
Neither.

'iGN' favors deep and rich iPhoney games as evidenced by the fact that the majority of iPhoney exclusives get 9s and 10s despite being pay-to-play/pay-to-win garbage while console and PC games get trashed. They also favor 3DS games due to the fact that the 3DS is the hottest selling dedicated game system for like a year now when they crapped all over 3DS games when it was failing so hard that the head of the company had to take a pay cut to lower the price.

This is the same company that gave Journey their 2012 Game of the Year Award over Far Cry 3. They tend to rate the games of the best selling platforms higher to get more clicks from the mindless fangals who feel the need to justify their purchases.
#12MetroidFan9999Posted 1/19/2014 7:39:17 AM
Ummm....MS, obviously, there is no conceivable reason why "X"box consoles should be ahead of any other console on their top listing....gamefaqs puts these in alphabetical order, which is the correct "neutral" way to do it.
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#13xtacb(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2014 11:09:43 AM(edited)
MetroidFan9999 posted...
Ummm....MS, obviously, there is no conceivable reason why "X"box consoles should be ahead of any other console on their top listing....gamefaqs puts these in alphabetical order, which is the correct "neutral" way to do it.

are you talking about this?

IGN HOME BUTTON
Xbox 360
Xbox One
PS3
PS4
Wii U
PC
Vita
3DS
iPhone
Tech
Movies
TV
Comics
Reviews
Wikis & Cheats
Upcoming
News
Videos
Boards
---
Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?
#14NejiHyuga900Posted 1/19/2014 11:16:00 AM
I think IGN themselves are neutral. But there are more Sony fans than Microsoft fans on IGN's YouTube channel. As a matter of fact, there are more Sony fans on Internet than Microsoft fans in general.
---
Xbox/Windows Gamertag & NNID: TDPNeji | Steam ID & PSN: NejiHyuga900
I am a thunder dragon. Hear me roar thunder and breath out lightning!
#15MetroidFan9999Posted 1/19/2014 2:11:20 PM
xtacb posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...

are you talking about this?

IGN HOME BUTTON
Xbox 360
Xbox One
PS3
PS4
Wii U
PC
Vita
3DS
iPhone
Tech
Movies
TV
Comics
Reviews
Wikis & Cheats
Upcoming
News
Videos
Boards

Yeah.

Also I would like to add, if you ever listen to the podcasts, the Sony podcasters (colin and greg) will openly criticize Sony if they do something wrong or something that doesn't sit right with them. The MS podcasters (Ryan especially)...well I've never heard him criticize anything MS does. People may think the sony podcasters are somehow "fanboys", but I distinctly remember when MS announced their DRM policies, it wasn't the story that it was bad with IGN and the sony podcasters, they were trying to pawn off that Sony would just follow suit. Suffice to say that notion is and was asinine, but that was the story IGN, I suppose, wanted them to tell.

So I always laugh when people say that this site is somehow pro-Sony. I believe there is way more evidence that it is neutral....but there is plenty of obvious evidence it leans towards MS moreso.

Does no one remember this?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/18/igns-new-pins-beta

Xbox One was pinned first by default, it was laughable.
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#16nizam216Posted 1/19/2014 8:27:25 PM(edited)
IGN crapped all over Sony when MS was crushing them in sales last gen. If you do not think IGN is biased toward Sony then have a look a Vita game reviews, they refuse to judge them reasonably because the system is failing, they score them low consistently for not being 1:1 with console PC versions of games as if they think the thing has a 3.0+ GHz octacore processor with 16gb of RAM and a top end graphics card; they refuse to judge them on their own merits but have no problem giving 3DS games a pass.