Is Titanfall good for solo/lone wolf MP like a COD game?

#1jmitnickPosted 1/19/2014 5:58:34 AM
Or will it only really be fun if you're playing with friends?
---
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
#2Mindwipe77Posted 1/19/2014 6:07:30 AM
if you like COD, BF or any of the other countless FPS out there, im sure you and your bros will dude it up in this game too
---
Lightning Returns, MY GOTY 2014
Proud owner of Xbox One,PS 4 and Wii U
#3Apex-PlayerPosted 1/19/2014 6:09:21 AM
From the same footage everyone has seen, it looks like solo will play pretty well compared to team tactical stuff. The movement, double jumping, wall running etc looks way to fast paced to really benefit trying to be strategic, add the AI it looks like to much chaos for tactical.

Could be very wrong, i'm sure a lot of players here got to try it i'm sure you'll get more detailed opinions. Try finding a few videos and judging for yourself as well. Looks intense, the developers were pretty spot on when they said something along the lines of camping is useless when you have 8 flanks to watch. Something like that anywho.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#4jmitnick(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2014 6:10:22 AM
Mindwipe77 posted...
if you like COD, BF or any of the other countless FPS out there, im sure you and your bros will dude it up in this game too

Don't have any "bros" that's the point. I haven't played a CoD game since the first Modern Warfare, and this question kind of stems from the fact that I recently tried to play Battlefield 3 just by myself and it wasn't fun at all.
---
#5chaotix42Posted 1/19/2014 7:50:09 AM
TC, there's always strength in numbers. I played the alpha for a few hours and did well on my own, especially as a pilot, but the Titan battles were usually decided by who had more Titans in any given engagement. 1v1 Titan battles were decided by who could aim better while managing their dodges and Vortex shield, but once another Titan showed up you were pretty much doomed. Actually literally doomed, as once they knock your health down all the way the game says that your Titan is "doomed" and you have about 5 seconds to eject before it explodes. :P

So yeah, in that aspect I think most of the strategy is going to come from sticking together with your teammates. Can you succeed solo? I think so. The very fast time-to-kill as a pilot vs other pilots means you can get the drop on multiple enemies and win. Once the Titans come into play you're going to have to carefully weigh the odds before engaging someone. You won't be able to rush in 1v2, with each Titan at full health, and expect to win without some kind of support*.

*Once we get the full range of Titans, equipment, perks, etc that could very well change. You might be able to take the heaviest Titan into combat versus two weaker Titans and win or at least scare them off.
---
GT: Falchion Sensei
#6jmitnick(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2014 8:56:51 AM
chaotix42 posted...
TC, there's always strength in numbers. I played the alpha for a few hours and did well on my own, especially as a pilot, but the Titan battles were usually decided by who had more Titans in any given engagement. 1v1 Titan battles were decided by who could aim better while managing their dodges and Vortex shield, but once another Titan showed up you were pretty much doomed. Actually literally doomed, as once they knock your health down all the way the game says that your Titan is "doomed" and you have about 5 seconds to eject before it explodes. :P

So yeah, in that aspect I think most of the strategy is going to come from sticking together with your teammates. Can you succeed solo? I think so. The very fast time-to-kill as a pilot vs other pilots means you can get the drop on multiple enemies and win. Once the Titans come into play you're going to have to carefully weigh the odds before engaging someone. You won't be able to rush in 1v2, with each Titan at full health, and expect to win without some kind of support*.

*Once we get the full range of Titans, equipment, perks, etc that could very well change. You might be able to take the heaviest Titan into combat versus two weaker Titans and win or at least scare them off.

Cool, thanks for the detailed response :)
---
#7GRU_CommanderPosted 1/19/2014 9:06:44 AM
chaotix42 posted...

Good insight.
---
PSN: achillies_ny
Go faq yourself
#8DeadCeIIScoutPosted 1/19/2014 9:18:22 AM
Yeah, you can just camp and farm bots to the top of the leaderboard
---
--
-
#9majinbuu58Posted 1/19/2014 2:56:05 PM
If it was team based, it wouldn't be popular.
#10LEGEND_725Posted 1/19/2014 3:04:27 PM
Mindwipe77 posted...

you mad that i'm a "lolomg casual dudebro" gamer and love CoD. Yet I would stomp you in Dark Souls pvp, any fighter, AND I push progression on WoW?

Oh also I lift more than you and I'm working on my masters.

Gotta LOL hard at nerds generalizing FPS players.
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE