If Titanfall is what Xboners are most excited about, we are in dark times indeed

#1ponyseizuresPosted 1/19/2014 9:32:14 AM
Wow, another shooter with dire graphics and no single player. But wait, there's robots and parkour! It's different from most fps games, but in the end it's just as mindless. I think it's funny when people deem games like The Last of Us or ALBW to be rehashes when Xbox games just produce shooter after shooter with different models and mechanics.

What's even funnier is that people think it can save the console, when it's not even an exclusive and coming out on 360. This will only sweeten things for people who already own an Xbox One.
---
Dies and blossoms again. Blossoms and dies. Dies and blossoms again. Dies and blossoms again. Blossoms. And dies. Dies and blossoms again.
#2chrish909Posted 1/19/2014 9:33:47 AM
What other console shooters have no singleplayer?
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml
#3CapnStankyPosted 1/19/2014 9:35:26 AM
LOL another Sony fanboy thread seeking reassurance. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
#4Foxx3kPosted 1/19/2014 9:41:29 AM
chrish909 posted...

Warhawk
MAG
SOCOM Confrontation
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#5GRU_CommanderPosted 1/19/2014 9:46:21 AM
chrish909 posted...

EVE DUST 514 (free)
Q3A on DC
UT3 PS3/360 (PS3 got this game first) It has a "campaign" but its just matches set to a few cutscenes.
MAG
SOCOM: Confrontation
UC3 MP Standalone DL (free)
Planetside 2 (PS4-Free)
I'm sure they will port CoD online to consoles in china
---
PSN: achillies_ny
Go faq yourself
#6LEGEND_725Posted 1/19/2014 9:46:38 AM
I'm sure to a low skilled capped player like you, you will probably be play the game and do average to poor then get mad and go back to "cinematic revolutionary" games like Uncharted and TLOU.

However to higher skill capped players who are able to grasp the meta we look at Titanfall and see awesome potential for tons of strategic ways to outsmart the other player. I can just imagine playing a game type like capture the flag but having a hundred different ways to approach the base or getting shot at from a bad player then pulling off some crazy wall run 180 and kill them.

OP will probably just see "shoot die shoot die" because he lacks the skill to grasp strategy or gameplay mechanics.
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE
#7Foxx3kPosted 1/19/2014 9:47:46 AM
LEGEND_725 posted...
I'm sure to a low skilled capped player like you, you will probably be play the game and do average to poor then get mad and go back to "cinematic revolutionary" games like Uncharted and TLOU.

However to higher skill capped players who are able to grasp the meta we look at Titanfall and see awesome potential for tons of strategic ways to outsmart the other player. I can just imagine playing a game type like capture the flag but having a hundred different ways to approach the base or getting shot at from a bad player then pulling off some crazy wall run 180 and kill them.

OP will probably just see "shoot die shoot die" because he lacks the skill to grasp strategy or gameplay mechanics.

I don't think Titanfall will have a large skill ceiling.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#8CRASS5000Posted 1/19/2014 9:51:04 AM
What did you expect?
---
GT. CRASS RAT GT2. LBC iGoNegative
*Official Topic Killer*
#9DarthDitkaPosted 1/19/2014 9:54:36 AM
TC is one of those nerd types that can't play any multiplayer games without getting his a$$ beat.
---
XBOX: Shiftee Cent
#10QueezZeenartPosted 1/19/2014 9:54:52 AM
Foxx3k posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...

I don't think Titanfall will have a large skill ceiling.

The majority of "players" on the field are bots. It can't possibly have a decent skill ceiling.