If Titanfall is what Xboners are most excited about, we are in dark times indeed

#81blax34dmPosted 1/19/2014 8:12:23 PM
Just gotta say to the guy saying this will have a high skill cap...

1. Doubt it, but even so...
2. The most competitive platform will be PC, like always.

Shooters are popular, I get that, but this genre is getting exhausted. If you guys are excited to play this game: great, grand, wonderful. If it's good, I'll buy it on sale for PC. I personally see this as just another shooter, and I don't get how anyone can still be excited for a shooter. I own a ps4 I've played all of 2 hours since 11/15. BF4 is a decent game I suppose, but it's just a shooter. TLOU and uncharted type games don't appeal to me either. Maybe my longing for something fresh and new is in vain, but I hope they come up with something.
#82LEGEND_725Posted 1/21/2014 6:53:31 AM
EliteGuard99 posted...
Crysiania posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
I'm sure to a low skilled capped player like you, you will probably be play the game and do average to poor then get mad and go back to "cinematic revolutionary" games like Uncharted and TLOU.

However to higher skill capped players who are able to grasp the meta we look at Titanfall and see awesome potential for tons of strategic ways to outsmart the other player. I can just imagine playing a game type like capture the flag but having a hundred different ways to approach the base or getting shot at from a bad player then pulling off some crazy wall run 180 and kill them.

OP will probably just see "shoot die shoot die" because he lacks the skill to grasp strategy or gameplay mechanics.

I hate when I see someone mention a twitch shooter and skill in the same sentence T.T

Exactly, you can have shooters that require skill and strategy, and then there is CoD the ultimate bottom of the barrel twitch shooter.

Cactuar512 posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
I'm sure to a low skilled capped player like you, you will probably be play the game and do average to poor then get mad and go back to "cinematic revolutionary" games like Uncharted and TLOU.

However to higher skill capped players who are able to grasp the meta we look at Titanfall and see awesome potential for tons of strategic ways to outsmart the other player. I can just imagine playing a game type like capture the flag but having a hundred different ways to approach the base or getting shot at from a bad player then pulling off some crazy wall run 180 and kill them.

OP will probably just see "shoot die shoot die" because he lacks the skill to grasp strategy or gameplay mechanics.

Right, because online FPS games like this surely have large skills caps.
Get over yourself and play a real skill-based FPS like Counter Strike. I love how your immediate refutation to his very rational concern is telling him he sucks at online video games. You're so clever.

And not one pic of Masters division or good KD/WL was provided. Just empty trolling from low skilled cap gamers who have to rag on "dudebro" fps games then go play E-Z JRPGs like Tales. Thanks for proving my point Gamefaqs.
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE