Why did they hack up Killer Instinct?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why did they hack up Killer Instinct?

User Info: Gunvalkyrie2

Gunvalkyrie2
3 years ago#1
Why not just release a full game on disc? I know so many people that avoided this game altogether.
You are ignoring 9 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.

User Info: Foxx3k

Foxx3k
3 years ago#2
It's a digital title.
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]

User Info: SunDevil77

SunDevil77
3 years ago#3
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Killer-Instinct-Pin-Ultimate-Edition-for-Xbox-One/productID.287694100

Not on disc, but a pretty sexy set.
My teeth are swords, my claws are spears, my wings are a hurricane!
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539

User Info: Mindwipe77

Mindwipe77
3 years ago#4
i think they were too scared to spend so much $$$ on a long-dormant series like KI and wanted to see how well it'd do as a XBL title.
Lightning Returns, MY GOTY 2014
Proud owner of Xbox One,PS 4 and Wii U

Gunvalkyrie2
3 years ago#5
Foxx3k posted...
It's a digital title.

even still? season one 8 characters yadda yadda?

avoid written all over it.

User Info: ReconXBL

ReconXBL
3 years ago#6
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
Foxx3k posted...
It's a digital title.

Then avoid an enjoyable fighter because of whatever ridiculous reason you're trying to get at.

;_;
My love of Xbox was forged in combat. OIF 06-08. Purple Heart. Father. Husband. Writer. Gamer.
Twitter / XBL / YouTube: ReconXBL

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
3 years ago#7
ReconXBL posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
Foxx3k posted...
It's a digital title.

Then avoid an enjoyable fighter because of whatever ridiculous reason you're trying to get at.

;_;

I don't think it's ridiculous to ask for a full game. KI was released half baked and everyone knows it. if they don't then they're delusional. They should have waited and released a full game, digital or not. And yeah I would have preferred a digital copy so I can have the game as long as it exisit. Who knows when it will be delisted, and yes it can happen.
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games

User Info: Prodozul

Prodozul
3 years ago#8
Mindwipe77 posted...
i think they were too scared to spend so much $$$ on a long-dormant series like KI and wanted to see how well it'd do as a XBL title.

This seems like the most logical conclusion, it's a 10 year old game looking back on games that released new additions to the series (Doom 3, DNF) are not known for selling well.

Gunvalkyrie2
3 years ago#9
Prodozul posted...
Mindwipe77 posted...

This seems like the most logical conclusion, it's a 10 year old game looking back on games that released new additions to the series (Doom 3, DNF) are not known for selling well.

my mom used to say **** or get off the pot. imo they shouldn't have bothered - or just waited for a full game..

on the other hand -- so if the game didn't sell well they would abandon it with 8 fighters? Either way sounds fairly lame and half-baked.

thnx sonicteam2k1

User Info: DeadCeIIScout

DeadCeIIScout
3 years ago#10
Laziness and greed
--
-
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why did they hack up Killer Instinct?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived