Why did they hack up Killer Instinct?

#41aray48Posted 1/19/2014 4:22:46 PM
KID VID posted...
How long was this game in development before it was released? Wasn't it like 8-10 months or something? I think they did an amazing job on such a short notice. You can't beat this for $20. I myself got the $40 version because I've always wanted that Classic arcade port.

This. Plus the game is surprisingly deep. And usually when you lose you get a feeling of "yeah, that was my fault, I did something wrong/stupid" instead of "ugh this is BS, game is broken"
#42bessy67Posted 1/19/2014 4:23:05 PM
sonicteam2k1 posted...
leathelj posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
bessy67 posted...
Yeah, I really don't see what is so illogical about liking a good game that only costs $20. I feel like hating on a good game that only costs $20 just because it "only" has 6 very well balanced fighters with 2 more coming is more illogical to be honest.

how many fighters did Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown have? How balanced is that game? How many fighters did Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution have? and it was a disc release. Skullgirls, Guilty Gear X2 # Reload on Xbox at launch was $20.00. Project Justice was $20.00 at launch. All had full rosters, and had a fully functional single player as well (with the exception of VF but still had enough single player content for $14.99)

there is no excuse for this with the amount of money MS has behind this. don't matter if it's a new IP. MS should have waited to launch it or state it's early access, because that's all it is.

We get it you hate Microsoft you don't like the game there evil blah blah blah don't buy it simple as that. I've own KI it's very well balance and fun and only 20$. With more to come this game is greater then all those you said IMO baseing a game off player count is sad id understand if it was 60$ but it's not. It's good quality and a lot more fun then some 60$ fighters the fighting mechanism is genius you can keep point out all the negative it has and act like it has no positives but I own the game I've played it it's a good fighter worth 20$

first off no, i don't hate microsoft. In fact i have every console they've made

second, KI is no where near as good as Virtua Fighter. No where near it. And Final Showdown is $15, has more characters, more balanced, and is a better game overall.

Final Showdown is $15 because it's a port of a game made in 2007.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#43SS_MetalSonicPosted 1/19/2014 5:14:03 PM
Virtua fighter I fing generic and boring since the beginning years ago. This game is fun and the characters are interesting and artistic.
---
PSWiiPCBOX - Currently playing - Sonic Generations, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Crysis 3, Tomb Raider, Killzone: Shadow Fall, BioShock: Infinite, Forza 5, Dishonored
#44sonicteam2k1Posted 1/19/2014 5:18:01 PM
enjoy your early access game
---
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games
#45mahgah91Posted 1/19/2014 5:21:11 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
Games have been delisted left and right lately on 360/PS3, often without warning. There is a very dark side to digital and it's happening now, not theoretically in the future.

Not left and right. A very small percentage of games. On top of that, delisted games are still available to any buyers.

It's like telling people children aren't worth having because a very small percentage have Downs Syndrome. Outliers don't define the trend.
---
3DS FC: 1822-0233-2390
#46Superman070776Posted 1/19/2014 5:32:26 PM
sonicteam2k1 posted...
enjoy your early access game

Early access to a game when the license is held by Microsoft? Maybe you misunderstand how reality works...but PS4 will see Killer Instinct the same day Halo launches on Sony's console.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/BoilingKoolaid
#472ndAtomiskPosted 1/19/2014 5:33:43 PM
People's problem with Killer Instinct is the small cast and lack of modes correct?

However, if you look at it a bit differently then it isn't so bad. New fighters don't tend to launch with 20+ characters. It's often a smaller number. Usually 11 or 12. That's only four more characters max than what KI has. I know it's not a new franchise so I can see why people want more right away. But for those who are new, 8 fighters to start with isn't too bad a number.

The lack of modes is harder to defend. Virtua Fighter's lack of modes is because that game is an arcade fighter through and through. When they brought that to consoles they wanted to replicate that experience. I'm not sure on KI's reason for it, but playing online is what I spend my time doing with fighters so to me at least, it's not too big of a concern.

Not saying that devs weren't rushed or lazy or what have you. But these negatives aren't as bad as people would lead you t believe.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#48EnjatePosted 1/19/2014 5:53:34 PM
"Incomplete" or not, if they had released a disc version with just the initial content I would have bought it. I'm guessing I'm not alone.
#49Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 1/19/2014 5:58:04 PM
same reason The Hobbit, a book that is smaller than any of the Lord of The Rings books, got split up into 3 movies
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#50DarthvadePosted 1/20/2014 5:05:36 PM

Oh, you're one of those anti-digital naysayers. No different from doomsday preachers or anti-gay activists. Always going on about how bad things will happen that never actually come to pass.

Since we are talking fighters, then here is one that proves your wrong. XBL release of Ultamate Mortal Kombat III was yanked down from the market place with no warning shortly after Midway went belly up and WB got NR. Fast forward and the release of MK1-3 comes out for the same price however if you wanted it you still had to pay full price even if you owned the UMKIII game that was pulled down and de-listed even from the download history.
---
- Everybody Lies -