Titanfall ..Amazing.. Loving the alpha right now

#21a687947Posted 1/19/2014 6:46:11 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
a687947 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
a687947 posted...

you haven't played it so your opinion is invalid, it's also ignorant and incorrect. And something can be new in some ways and familiar in others so it's not contradictory

I don't have to play something to see what it is >.>

By definition, no, it really can't.

you can't have a valid opinion on a game without playing it. It is not cod with robots and ai, the movement is almost completely different, the weapons handle differently, the titans add a lot to the game and the way you have to approach objectives, and at the same time the controls are the same. The actual gameplay is new and significantly different than cod's but has familiar controls. Just because some parts of a game are similar to older ones does not mean that the entire game is the same

It's COD with robots and AI. It was made by people that were involved with COD and quite clearly to anyone with half a brain is meant to cater to the COD crowd.

The movement is different, well, yeah, you have wall running and jet packs for one thing, but pretty sure pressing the left stick forward still sends you forward like any other FPS. So aside from being able to wall run and jump twice, your movement is still the same.

Different and the same.....you guys really love your contradictions here.

You have no visible destruction of anything, score streaks (x2, x10, x this, x that) and points for killing someone, how you killed them, if they were human or not...so basically points for damn near everything. Just like COD.

Approach objectives? Are there any objectives aside from kill x number of people, your team wins?

so according to you every game that you use the left analog stick to move is the same? And not having scorestreaks actually sets it apart from cod since that does have them, almost every online game gives you points for kills and tells you how you did it and what or who you killed, that is not a cod exclusive feature and never has been. And there are other gametypes besides deathmatch although it doesn't seem like you could comprehend anything beyond just kill the other team.
#22RyuuHou25Posted 1/19/2014 6:46:27 PM
Reece504 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
Reece504 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

No, however that has exactly zero to do with what I said to TC. New and familiar is a contradiction, it cannot be familiar if it is new, and if it's new, it cannot be familiar.

The game is COD with giant robots and AI controlled enemies. Plain and simple. Nothing new about that.

If you played it you would know it's more than just that lol i been playing it non stop and it really is loads of fun and different from most shooters.

Really, what else is there then? If you're going to claim something, at least elaborate on it so it doesn't sound like you're just throwing it out there randomly.

I'm playing the alpha now it does require more skill then the typical shooter I've had someone shoot at me and I double jumped then wall run and killed him just because he couldn't hit me. Also things like jumping on a Titan takes skill because you can be stepped on shot out air or punched into mist. Once on you have to say to I keep shooting and destroy it or do I bail before the guy gets out the Titan and shoots me off his mech, or his team mate might shoot you off or the Titan can self destruct, theres a lot of strategy and that's a small part of it.

I could go on and on the mobility alone makes it stand out far from cod. Pilots on pilots is a different fight because they can double jump wall run cloak. Pilots vs titans Is a whole other battle than just shooting same as being actitan fighting a pilot also Titan vs Titan plays different as well using the vortex carefully and knowing when to dash and also keeping track of pilots trying to hijack you and fighting other mechs just adds another layer to the game.

See, there you go.

The titans certainly offer more strategy than a COD game would, that's certainly true. Being out of one and fighting one requires some actual thought and planning on how to do that. And the titans themselves seem to have a wide variety of weaponry that makes going against others rather strategic as well, and having to worry about infantry at the same time.

Otherwise, it's still running around trying to gun each other down. Being able to double jump and wall run doesn't exactly change that, just gives you more options than say, run down this hall and duck around this corner or hide behind this crate and play the walk around game.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A
#23RyuuHou25Posted 1/19/2014 6:51:24 PM
a687947 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
a687947 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
a687947 posted...

you haven't played it so your opinion is invalid, it's also ignorant and incorrect. And something can be new in some ways and familiar in others so it's not contradictory

I don't have to play something to see what it is >.>

By definition, no, it really can't.

you can't have a valid opinion on a game without playing it. It is not cod with robots and ai, the movement is almost completely different, the weapons handle differently, the titans add a lot to the game and the way you have to approach objectives, and at the same time the controls are the same. The actual gameplay is new and significantly different than cod's but has familiar controls. Just because some parts of a game are similar to older ones does not mean that the entire game is the same

It's COD with robots and AI. It was made by people that were involved with COD and quite clearly to anyone with half a brain is meant to cater to the COD crowd.

The movement is different, well, yeah, you have wall running and jet packs for one thing, but pretty sure pressing the left stick forward still sends you forward like any other FPS. So aside from being able to wall run and jump twice, your movement is still the same.

You have no visible destruction of anything, score streaks (x2, x10, x this, x that) and points for killing someone, how you killed them, if they were human or not...so basically points for damn near everything. Just like COD.

Approach objectives? Are there any objectives aside from kill x number of people, your team wins?

so according to you every game that you use the left analog stick to move is the same? And not having scorestreaks actually sets it apart from cod since that does have them, almost every online game gives you points for kills and tells you how you did it and what or who you killed, that is not a cod exclusive feature and never has been. And there are other gametypes besides deathmatch although it doesn't seem like you could comprehend anything beyond just kill the other team.

....I never said it doesn't have score streaks. You should KNOW it has them considering you're chastising me for not playing it!! Do you not pay attention to those little numbers saying x2, x6, x10?

Apparently playing it doesn't make you know very much about the game after all.

Aside from being able to wall run and double jump, how is movement different exactly? Is it like you're sliding on ice or something when you press the left stick?

Yeah, they really don't, that's a COD thing. BF for example, you get 100 points for killing someone. Flat. If they were in a vehicle, THEN you get more points assuming you destroyed the vehicle too. If you stopped a killing streak of theirs, that's about the only time you get more points.

What are the other game types then?
---
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A
#24a687947Posted 1/19/2014 6:57:32 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
a687947 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

....I never said it doesn't have score streaks. You should KNOW it has them considering you're chastising me for not playing it!! Do you not pay attention to those little numbers saying x2, x6, x10?

Aside from being able to wall run and double jump, how is movement different exactly? Is it like you're sliding on ice or something when you press the left stick?

Yeah, they really don't, that's a COD thing. BF for example, you get 100 points for killing someone. Flat. If they were in a vehicle, THEN you get more points assuming you destroyed the vehicle too. If you stopped a killing streak of theirs, that's about the only time you get more points.

titanfall does not have scorestreaks, it tells you if you killed multiple people in quick succession, that isn't the same thing. And you've apparently never played battlefield either or have never sniped. Long range headshots give extra points based on how far away you are. And basic movement is the same in nearly every game that exists, so trying to say that they both use the left stick to move your character is not an argument, it's more or less an industry standard
#25Reece504Posted 1/19/2014 7:00:47 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
Reece504 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
Reece504 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

No, however that has exactly zero to do with what I said to TC. New and familiar is a contradiction, it cannot be familiar if it is new, and if it's new, it cannot be familiar.

The game is COD with giant robots and AI controlled enemies. Plain and simple. Nothing new about that.

If you played it you would know it's more than just that lol i been playing it non stop and it really is loads of fun and different from most shooters.

Really, what else is there then? If you're going to claim something, at least elaborate on it so it doesn't sound like you're just throwing it out there randomly.

I'm playing the alpha now it does require more skill then the typical shooter I've had someone shoot at me and I double jumped then wall run and killed him just because he couldn't hit me. Also things like jumping on a Titan takes skill because you can be stepped on shot out air or punched into mist. Once on you have to say to I keep shooting and destroy it or do I bail before the guy gets out the Titan and shoots me off his mech, or his team mate might shoot you off or the Titan can self destruct, theres a lot of strategy and that's a small part of it.

I could go on and on the mobility alone makes it stand out far from cod. Pilots on pilots is a different fight because they can double jump wall run cloak. Pilots vs titans Is a whole other battle than just shooting same as being actitan fighting a pilot also Titan vs Titan plays different as well using the vortex carefully and knowing when to dash and also keeping track of pilots trying to hijack you and fighting other mechs just adds another layer to the game.

See, there you go.

The titans certainly offer more strategy than a COD game would, that's certainly true. Being out of one and fighting one requires some actual thought and planning on how to do that. And the titans themselves seem to have a wide variety of weaponry that makes going against others rather strategic as well, and having to worry about infantry at the same time.

Otherwise, it's still running around trying to gun each other down. Being able to double jump and wall run doesn't exactly change that, just gives you more options than say, run down this hall and duck around this corner or hide behind this crate and play the walk around game.

Lol it changes the whole feel of the game though being that mobile changes it from feeling like cod a lot and that's just the players. The weapons feel different, the titans make the game feel different lets say if you take the titans out the game the pilot vs pilot battles feel a lot different than cod fights, yes you still shooting to kill but it feels different you would have to play it lol

You can also jump kick sweep kick and kick someone off a ledge, you can hold on from ledges and also you can break people necks and you can hack bots to shoot for you.
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez
#26RyuuHou25Posted 1/19/2014 7:02:27 PM
a687947 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
a687947 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

titanfall does not have scorestreaks, it tells you if you killed multiple people in quick succession, that isn't the same thing. And you've apparently never played battlefield either or have never sniped. Long range headshots give extra points based on how far away you are. And basic movement is the same in nearly every game that exists, so trying to say that they both use the left stick to move your character is not an argument, it's more or less an industry standard

So a score streak that is dependent on killing people in quick succession is not the same as a game that tells you about killing people in quick succession. Right.....

Yeah, I don't snipe.

Precisely, so how is movement different then?
---
#27a687947Posted 1/19/2014 7:11:22 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
a687947 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
a687947 posted...

So a score streak that is dependent on killing people in quick succession is not the same as a game that tells you about killing people in quick succession. Right.....

Yeah, I don't snipe.

it isn't a scorestreak, you don't get bonus points for them in titanfall, it is just a number to tell you how many people you killed rapidly. And it goes above and beyond the basic movement of cod with the double jumping and wallrunning, every fps uses the left stick to move on consoles so once again that isn't an argument.
#28RyuuHou25Posted 1/19/2014 7:13:16 PM
a687947 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
a687947 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
a687947 posted...

Yeah, I don't snipe.

it isn't a scorestreak, you don't get bonus points for them in titanfall, it is just a number to tell you how many people you killed rapidly. And it goes above and beyond the basic movement of cod with the double jumping and wallrunning, every fps uses the left stick to move on consoles so once again that isn't an argument.

"Aside from being able to wall run and double jump, how is movement different exactly?"

Thanks for proving it's not any different then.

Not getting bonus points doesn't negate it still being a streak counter mechanism, just like COD.
---
#29a687947Posted 1/19/2014 7:16:25 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
a687947 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
a687947 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

Yeah, I don't snipe.

"Aside from being able to wall run and double jump, how is movement different exactly?"

Thanks for proving it's not any different then.

Not getting bonus points doesn't negate it still being a streak counter mechanism, just like COD.

the fact that you can do those things makes it different, regardless of which stick or button you use to move. And once again almost every fps game has a counter that tells you if you got a double kill or triple kill etc. so that is not a cod specific feature, it's an fps genre feature.
#30Reece504Posted 1/19/2014 7:17:21 PM
a687947 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
a687947 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
a687947 posted...

Yeah, I don't snipe.

I give up there's no getting through to him I say man you just have to play it lol

It's like telling you hey man this is the best burger I ever ate in my life and he says what makes it any different then any other burger it's just a burger I don't see what's so special. Yes it's a burger (FPS and yes you have the industry button layout) but it's better, just have to take a bite.
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez