Titanfall ..Amazing.. Loving the alpha right now

#31RyuuHou25Posted 1/19/2014 7:18:38 PM
a687947 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
a687947 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
a687947 posted...

titanfall does not have scorestreaks, it tells you if you killed multiple people in quick succession, that isn't the same thing. And you've apparently never played battlefield either or have never sniped. Long range headshots give extra points based on how far away you are. And basic movement is the same in nearly every game that exists, so trying to say that they both use the left stick to move your character is not an argument, it's more or less an industry standard

So a score streak that is dependent on killing people in quick succession is not the same as a game that tells you about killing people in quick succession. Right.....

Yeah, I don't snipe.

Precisely, so how is movement different then?

it isn't a scorestreak, you don't get bonus points for them in titanfall, it is just a number to tell you how many people you killed rapidly. And it goes above and beyond the basic movement of cod with the double jumping and wallrunning, every fps uses the left stick to move on consoles so once again that isn't an argument.

"Aside from being able to wall run and double jump, how is movement different exactly?"

Thanks for proving it's not any different then.

Not getting bonus points doesn't negate it still being a streak counter mechanism, just like COD.

the fact that you can do those things makes it different, regardless of which stick or button you use to move. And once again almost every fps game has a counter that tells you if you got a double kill or triple kill etc. so that is not a cod specific feature, it's an fps genre feature.

That's funny, I don't see it in BF.

Yeah, it really doesn't. Your movement is still the same.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A
#32RyuuHou25Posted 1/19/2014 7:21:09 PM
Reece504 posted...
a687947 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
a687947 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

....I never said it doesn't have score streaks. You should KNOW it has them considering you're chastising me for not playing it!! Do you not pay attention to those little numbers saying x2, x6, x10?

Apparently playing it doesn't make you know very much about the game after all.

Aside from being able to wall run and double jump, how is movement different exactly? Is it like you're sliding on ice or something when you press the left stick?

Yeah, they really don't, that's a COD thing. BF for example, you get 100 points for killing someone. Flat. If they were in a vehicle, THEN you get more points assuming you destroyed the vehicle too. If you stopped a killing streak of theirs, that's about the only time you get more points.

What are the other game types then?

titanfall does not have scorestreaks, it tells you if you killed multiple people in quick succession, that isn't the same thing. And you've apparently never played battlefield either or have never sniped. Long range headshots give extra points based on how far away you are. And basic movement is the same in nearly every game that exists, so trying to say that they both use the left stick to move your character is not an argument, it's more or less an industry standard

So a score streak that is dependent on killing people in quick succession is not the same as a game that tells you about killing people in quick succession. Right.....

Yeah, I don't snipe.

it isn't a scorestreak, you don't get bonus points for them in titanfall, it is just a number to tell you how many people you killed rapidly. And it goes above and beyond the basic movement of cod with the double jumping and wallrunning, every fps uses the left stick to move on consoles so once again that isn't an argument.

I give up there's no getting through to him I say man you just have to play it lol

It's like telling you hey man this is the best burger I ever ate in my life and he says what makes it any different then any other burger it's just a burger I don't see what's so special. Yes it's a burger (FPS and yes you have the industry button layout) but it's better, just have to take a bite.

Yeah, it's like it's subjective or something.....but you should still be able to at least explain what makes it the best. Taste, texture, juiciness, spices, charred the sides just the perfect amount, the right amount of condiments, crisp lettuce, fresh tomatoes, salivating onions....other than just "it's the best, you'd have to try"

See how that works?
---
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A
#33a687947Posted 1/19/2014 7:22:33 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
a687947 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
a687947 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

"Aside from being able to wall run and double jump, how is movement different exactly?"

Not getting bonus points doesn't negate it still being a streak counter mechanism, just like COD.

the fact that you can do those things makes it different, regardless of which stick or button you use to move. And once again almost every fps game has a counter that tells you if you got a double kill or triple kill etc. so that is not a cod specific feature, it's an fps genre feature.

That's funny, I don't see it in BF.

Yeah, it really doesn't. Your movement is still the same.

it'll be the same when you can wallrun and double jump in cod and not until then. And you must really not be very good at battlefield then, it gives you extra points for multi-kills and kills in quick succession just like any other fps
#34a687947Posted 1/19/2014 7:25:08 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
Reece504 posted...
a687947 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
a687947 posted...

Yeah, I don't snipe.

I give up there's no getting through to him I say man you just have to play it lol

It's like telling you hey man this is the best burger I ever ate in my life and he says what makes it any different then any other burger it's just a burger I don't see what's so special. Yes it's a burger (FPS and yes you have the industry button layout) but it's better, just have to take a bite.

Yeah, it's like it's subjective or something.....but you should still be able to at least explain what makes it the best. Taste, texture, juiciness, spices, charred the sides just the perfect amount, the right amount of condiments, crisp lettuce, fresh tomatoes, salivating onions....other than just "it's the best, you'd have to try"

See how that works?

never said it was the best fps ever, just that it's not the same as cod. You've been given multiple examples of this and you're just incapable of admitting that you're wrong so you have to try and argue semantics like what stick or button you use to move
#35RyuuHou25Posted 1/19/2014 7:30:32 PM
a687, so far all you've said is it is different because of wall running, jetpacks, and that it does but doesn't have score streaks.

Yeah.....considering one of my initial questions to you was what I reposted, being - ""Aside from being able to wall run and double jump, how is movement different exactly?"

And all you could give as an example is.....wall run and double jump. So to me, that signifies it still handles the same as any other game. It just has wall run and double jump.
---
#36Reece504Posted 1/19/2014 7:31:06 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
a687947 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
a687947 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

....I never said it doesn't have score streaks. You should KNOW it has them considering you're

Yeah, I don't snipe.

Titanfall movement
Sprint , jump, crouch , wall run, double jump, hang on ledges
Moves
Aim, shoot, melee, kick , sweep kick, jump kick, neck snap, hack bots, eject, get into Titan, reload , switch weapons, throw grenades cloak , switch to anti Titan weapon, call for Titan , have Titan follow you have him in defend mode
I think that's it as pilot not counting Titan controls

Cod player movement
Sprint , jump, crouch, slide (new) and go prone
Moves
Aim, shoot, knife, melee, use kill streak,
Reload, switch weapons throw grenade throw tactical and alt fire like three shot burst or grenade launcher under barrel

See how different they are
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez
#37a687947Posted 1/19/2014 7:34:12 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
a687, so far all you've said is it is different because of wall running, jetpacks, and that it does but doesn't have score streaks.

Yeah.....considering one of my initial questions to you was what I reposted, being - ""Aside from being able to wall run and double jump, how is movement different exactly?"

And all you could give as an example is.....wall run and double jump. So to me, that signifies it still handles the same as any other game. It just has wall run and double jump.

that's all it needs to differentiate itself, it is different just from having those things, just because it uses the same controls does not make it the same. You move faster and can also change direction more quickly than cod. Does that answer your question?
#38RyuuHou25Posted 1/19/2014 7:38:31 PM
Reece504 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
a687947 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
a687947 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

....I never said it doesn't have score streaks. You should KNOW it has them considering you're

Yeah, I don't snipe.

Titanfall movement
Sprint , jump, crouch , wall run, double jump, hang on ledges
Moves
Aim, shoot, melee, kick , sweep kick, jump kick, neck snap, hack bots, eject, get into Titan, reload , switch weapons, throw grenades cloak , switch to anti Titan weapon, call for Titan , have Titan follow you have him in defend mode
I think that's it as pilot not counting Titan controls

Cod player movement
Sprint , jump, crouch, slide (new) and go prone
Moves
Aim, shoot, knife, melee, use kill streak,
Reload, switch weapons throw grenade throw tactical and alt fire like three shot burst or grenade launcher under barrel

See how different they are

COD with robots and AI.....and kicking apparently.
---
#39Reece504Posted 1/19/2014 7:40:19 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...

Without counting titans here's a example

Someone can be sniping at you and you can sprint double jump run on the side if the building double jump to the other side of the building and run up it until you reach the window climb through kill the sniper another guy comes in, you quickly hop out the window and hold on the ledge and cloak. Climb back in and break his neck a guy saw your cloak silhouette double jumps to reach the window you kick him in the face causing him to fall to his death. After that you proceed to reach the roof jump off and land on a Team mates Titan using him as a free ride and shooting from on his back like mobile cover.

None of this can be done in cod
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez
#40scoobydoobydontPosted 1/19/2014 7:48:37 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]