Do games automatically patch??

#1BuriedxxPosted 1/19/2014 9:16:27 PM
So the other day I through in Battlefield and was prompted that there was a patch - my internet was capped at the time so I refused the patch and took the disc out.

Now that my net is uncapped I put BF back in and it appears as though it has already patched itself?

It's a little worrying - in the 5 years I've been with my ISP I have never used more than 20% - 30% of my monthly allowance however after my first month with the XB1 I hit my cap half way through the month (which renders my speed to that of pretty much dial up).
#2PoweredMilkManPosted 1/19/2014 9:19:29 PM
Boooo for Internet caps. I feel bad for you!
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU - bloodandbourbon
#3MetalZoicPosted 1/19/2014 9:21:17 PM
What is your cap?
#4Buriedxx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2014 9:23:28 PM
Dude that's nothing =( where I live I have access to ADSL through one provider. I have to pay for a home telephone I never use just so I can have internet which gives me, at best, 4 mbit/sec download and .5 mbit/sec up.

As you can imagine my 50gig / month allowance is sacred and I can't have a device automatically bringing down gigs worth of updates without me being able to spare it lol.
#5Rdeal2Posted 1/19/2014 9:30:57 PM
Go to settings/power&startup and turn off the automatically download updates option
#6MetalZoicPosted 1/19/2014 9:31:39 PM
Bummer.
#7Buriedxx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2014 9:43:59 PM
Rdeal2 posted...
Go to settings/power&startup and turn off the automatically download updates option

Thanks dude. I probably initially saw this and thought it was a good idea before I realised the size of some of these updates. 13GB update for Dead Rising. That's almost 30% of my limit lol =(

One day i'll get my national broadband.... maybe.
#8Alienware4LifePosted 1/19/2014 11:33:28 PM
Buriedxx posted...
So the other day I through in Battlefield and was prompted that there was a patch - my internet was capped at the time so I refused the patch and took the disc out.

Now that my net is uncapped I put BF back in and it appears as though it has already patched itself?

It's a little worrying - in the 5 years I've been with my ISP I have never used more than 20% - 30% of my monthly allowance however after my first month with the XB1 I hit my cap half way through the month (which renders my speed to that of pretty much dial up).

Quit being cheap and up your data package. Much 100$ will get you more data than you could ever use with any isp.
---
Check out my PC,360,ps3, Movie, Old School game vidoes http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicConspiracy?feature=mhee