Do games automatically patch??

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do games automatically patch??

User Info: Buriedxx

Buriedxx
3 years ago#1
So the other day I through in Battlefield and was prompted that there was a patch - my internet was capped at the time so I refused the patch and took the disc out.

Now that my net is uncapped I put BF back in and it appears as though it has already patched itself?

It's a little worrying - in the 5 years I've been with my ISP I have never used more than 20% - 30% of my monthly allowance however after my first month with the XB1 I hit my cap half way through the month (which renders my speed to that of pretty much dial up).

User Info: PoweredMilkMan

PoweredMilkMan
3 years ago#2
Boooo for Internet caps. I feel bad for you!
XBL/PSN/WiiU - bloodandbourbon

User Info: MetalZoic

MetalZoic
3 years ago#3
What is your cap?

Buriedxx
3 years ago#4
Dude that's nothing =( where I live I have access to ADSL through one provider. I have to pay for a home telephone I never use just so I can have internet which gives me, at best, 4 mbit/sec download and .5 mbit/sec up.

As you can imagine my 50gig / month allowance is sacred and I can't have a device automatically bringing down gigs worth of updates without me being able to spare it lol.

User Info: Rdeal2

Rdeal2
3 years ago#5
Go to settings/power&startup and turn off the automatically download updates option

User Info: MetalZoic

MetalZoic
3 years ago#6
Bummer.

Buriedxx
3 years ago#7
Rdeal2 posted...
Go to settings/power&startup and turn off the automatically download updates option

Thanks dude. I probably initially saw this and thought it was a good idea before I realised the size of some of these updates. 13GB update for Dead Rising. That's almost 30% of my limit lol =(

One day i'll get my national broadband.... maybe.

User Info: Alienware4Life

Alienware4Life
3 years ago#8
Buriedxx posted...
So the other day I through in Battlefield and was prompted that there was a patch - my internet was capped at the time so I refused the patch and took the disc out.

Now that my net is uncapped I put BF back in and it appears as though it has already patched itself?

It's a little worrying - in the 5 years I've been with my ISP I have never used more than 20% - 30% of my monthly allowance however after my first month with the XB1 I hit my cap half way through the month (which renders my speed to that of pretty much dial up).

Quit being cheap and up your data package. Much 100$ will get you more data than you could ever use with any isp.
Check out my PC,360,ps3, Movie, Old School game vidoes http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicConspiracy?feature=mhee
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do games automatically patch??

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived