Xbox one ad is mind-blowingly abysmal

#1settsdevilPosted 1/20/2014 12:43:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwWwwLy3Fmg

Not sure if this is old hat, but idc. I hope somebody got fired for this. Particularly for the tagline: "If it was any more real, it would be real". -Just... in writing that sounds like a joke. But its not! They ACTUALLY thought that would be a good tagline. My God. Their marketing team needs to realize who their target audience is. In fact, i think i could do a better job, in a day. In less than a day even. Just FOCUS ON THE DAMN VIDEO-GAME, nobody gives a **** about this guy washing his hands. All you have to do is, JUST SHOW GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE!!!!
I am reminded of the ad for gears of war, with "mad world" playing in the background - that was a terrific ad. Wanted to play gears so badly after that. Having watched this, seems like microsofts marketing team have really taken a step backwards.

TLDR; When will games consoles stop making god-awful ads for their consoles/games.
---
PSN: solidjacks
Best Games Ever : MGS - HalfLife - Warhawk - Neverhood - Oddworld - Starcraft - LittleBigPlanet
#2CapnStankyPosted 1/20/2014 12:46:12 PM
You sound mad. Why so mad?
#3Xuande12Posted 1/20/2014 12:46:59 PM(edited)
That's Microsoft for you
---
Norman Bates does it for his mother.
#4GRU_CommanderPosted 1/20/2014 12:48:01 PM
I hated HATED the mad world commercials and I hate that song with a passion, made gears seem stupid and detracked from what it was, bad ass monsters and cutting them in half with a chainsaw rifle.

This ad is ok, but i'll give you current that line is border line almost making fun of itself but maybe they are just poking fun at all the graphics hype, i mean its more like a meme
---
PSN: achillies_ny
Go faq yourself
#5cheezedadadaPosted 1/20/2014 1:00:39 PM(edited)
I expected an awful ad, but it wasn't really that bad.

On a side note, I think Sony is king of the worst advertisements ever. Between the Marcus ads, the black and white ad, those creepy random dolls and the "All I want for Christmas" ads etc etc. This ad was amazing in comparison.
---
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#6DojoMaxPosted 1/20/2014 12:49:03 PM
GRU_Commander posted...
I hated HATED the mad world commercials and I hate that song with a passion, made gears seem stupid and detracked from what it was, bad ass monsters and cutting them in half with a chainsaw rifle.

This ad is ok, but i'll give you current that line is border line almost making fun of itself but maybe they are just poking fun at all the graphics hype, i mean its more like a meme

That ad was actually good. Imo
---
XBL: xShotz 101x | PSN DojoMax | I've had both systems and they're both garbage... :) | stop trollin
#7DarkJaydragonPosted 1/20/2014 12:51:19 PM
The name of the song in the advert is "Mad world" by Gary Jules.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#8slyman19Posted 1/20/2014 12:52:31 PM
Dat sig.
#9realyoshdawgPosted 1/20/2014 12:58:31 PM
I thought the Gears 'Mad World' ads were great. The part of the game that uses that song is probably the only part of the whole Gears series that sticks out when I look back at it. Other than that scene it was just mindless, but fun, destruction.

Back to the topic, I don't think the new one is bad. Maybe if they slapped "GREATNESS AWAITS" across the screen at the end everyone would love it.
---
XBL/PSN = yoshdawg
#10settsdevil(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2014 1:01:48 PM
CapnStanky posted...
You sound mad. Why so mad?

Im not mad, i just think this is shockingly terrible. It astounds me that this probably cost a fair bit of $$$ for microsoft to produce and air, when my current class of designers (graphics, illustration and animation) at kingston university could make something better than this. In a day. And yet we are the people who will struggle to find work when we graduate. But my whole general opinion of advertising is pretty negative, i think the majority of ads on tv are awful.

Saying this isn't that bad is fair enough. I for the record, think it's terrible. But think how much better this could have been.
---
PSN: solidjacks
Best Games Ever : MGS - HalfLife - Warhawk - Neverhood - Oddworld - Starcraft - LittleBigPlanet