What is so special about Forza Horizon?

#1Jimm3rF3rdettePosted 1/20/2014 1:38:48 PM
I'm not a fan of simulator racing games such as Forza, Gran Turismo, Drive Club, etc. Games like that don't interest me at all.

Some people on other forums are anticipating a Forza Horizon 2 even though they don't really like the original Forza games.

What is the difference between Forza and Forza Horizon? And what makes Forza Horizon special?
---
Favorite game of all time: Final Fantasy X, and no other game has come close.
Console fanboys are worshiping a piece of plastic.
#2ElPolloDiablo87Posted 1/20/2014 1:39:53 PM
Forza Horizon is more of an arcade racer. It's pretty different from the main Forza games.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#3Jedi454Posted 1/20/2014 1:41:30 PM
Forza Horizon is crazy fun, a lot different to Forza 4 because it's arcade instead of simulation.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#4Jimm3rF3rdette(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2014 1:41:35 PM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
Forza Horizon is more of an arcade racer. It's pretty different from the main Forza games.

Cool, I prefer arcade racers.

Is there anything that makes it special though? Like special abilities, or something of the sort?
---
Favorite game of all time: Final Fantasy X, and no other game has come close.
Console fanboys are worshiping a piece of plastic.
#5lostoutlawnbPosted 1/20/2014 1:44:45 PM
Jimm3rF3rdette posted...

Is there anything that makes it special though? Like special abilities, or something of the sort?

Its more of an open world while the handling still feels grounded unlike need for speed handling.
#6mmelzer2004Posted 1/20/2014 3:49:10 PM
Think Forza with a DiRT atmosphere and open-world like Burnout Paradise.

I had a blast when I was playing it a while back.
---
Currently Playing - Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (PS3)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2249706/
#7zmousePosted 1/20/2014 4:53:00 PM
What they said, I would compare it to nfs but with no cops and you can actually customize your cars (rivals has some but doesn't seem very in-depth)
#8CapwnDPosted 1/20/2014 5:15:37 PM
Jimm3rF3rdette posted...

It drives more like a simulation then many arcade games, but it's still open world and arcade-y enough where it doesn't beat you over the head. If you have a wheel, you can use it with Forza Horizon. That alone should give you an idea of how the physics are different from a standard arcade style racer.

Not that standard arcade racers are bad. But this is sort of a hybrid.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh