Wow, Microsoft is so desperate

#1PinkPikachuPosted 1/20/2014 3:15:18 PM
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/01/stealth-marketing-microsoft-paying-youtubers-for-xbox-one-mentions/

Microsoft is paying youtubers to promote teh xbox one, I must say it's kinda gross to see that sort of thing is happening
#2SS_MetalSonicPosted 1/20/2014 3:16:16 PM
hmmmm I want some extra monies...
---
PSWiiPCBOX - Currently playing - Sonic Generations, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Crysis 3, Tomb Raider, Killzone: Shadow Fall, BioShock: Infinite, Forza 5, Dishonored
#3teehee23Posted 1/20/2014 3:18:57 PM
We're very happy that Microsoft is doing so much to promote Xbox #1.
As a true hardcore oldschool gamer I approve and support Microsoft's efforts.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#4Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 1/20/2014 3:19:36 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/68370850
---
If LeBron shoots below 56 percent for the regular(obviously) season(2013-14) I'll close my account.
#5Exodus_PrimePosted 1/20/2014 3:21:13 PM
Wait so Microsoft wants to "pay" people money to advertise their product in the USA? that's terrible, such a tyrant of a company. Wait first they're evil because they dropped the DRM now they're desperate because they want to give people "money" to adverstise, make up your mind bronies.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#6SigmaLongshotPosted 1/20/2014 3:27:13 PM
"Hey bud. Want to make loads of dosh?!"
"Well, sure!"
"All you need to do is do whatever you're doing right now, but say "Super cool!" when you do it."
"Okay!"

The person then says "Super Cool" when he does everything and makes a crapton of money.

The company that absorbs all the super cools makes a crapton of money.

Little Jimmy that hates economics goes ballistic and hates EVERYTHING.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#7DelRowePosted 1/20/2014 3:32:59 PM
That's not the case, however. According to a leaked copy of the full legal agreement behind the promotion, video creators "may not say anything negative or disparaging about Machinima, Xbox One, or any of its Games" and must keep the details of the promotional agreement confidential in order to qualify for payment. In other words, to get the money, video makers have to speak positively (or at least neutrally) about the Xbox One, and they can't say they're being paid to do so.

The arrangement as described might go against the FTC's guidelines for the use of endorsements in advertising, which demand full disclosure when there is "a connection between the endorser and the seller of the advertised product that might materially affect the weight or credibility of the endorsement."

So the shills aren't allowed to say they are being paid, which is illegal. Slimy, pathetic M$.
---
You are not in control.
#8aszsithPosted 1/20/2014 3:34:08 PM
Whether you like what Microsoft is doing is irrelevant. They are paying people to say a product is good. Even if you personally think the product isn't very good, you can't expect the company to agree with you.

Ever see a commercial for a fiber-based beverage that promotes digestive regularity? I've never seen one where the paid actor says "This tastes terrible and is literally one of the most disgusting things designed for you to consume." even though that is an accurate description in my experience. They always say "This is delicious!".
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#9EllesarienPosted 1/20/2014 3:35:43 PM
Sees MULTIPLE threads by Ponies bringing this up in fury...

I am seeing desperation for sure.....
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#10RaRitsujunPosted 1/20/2014 3:37:54 PM
Poor Microsofie. =(((
---
18700 XBL Gamerscores | 43 PSN Platinums - Level 25 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.