wow the people at ebay are pretty hilarious.

#1Orange_ApplesPosted 1/20/2014 6:27:33 PM(edited)
Bunch of people have the console with a buy it now price of $700+, but the thing is I've watched a bunch of auctions go today and they tend to go for $450 (lowest:$430; high:$470). The only ones I've seen going for more than $499 have included controllers or games or unopened day one editions. I'm not even sure these attempted scalpers are even making a profit at all.

IIRC they're still making more than if they were to take the consoles in to Gamestop or Amazon or whoever else does trade-ins since I think they'll give you $300 for the console, but it is still a weak business strategy.

Yes, I did spend my whole holiday lurking ebay. I was trying to see if I could get an XB1 for $400 including shipping, and some came close but in the last minute they would go past the $400 mark.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#2BIackWindPosted 1/20/2014 6:23:42 PM
What are they thinking? Trying to move a console that is in stock everywhere AND has no games? They should have done this with the PS4, which is sold out everywhere.
#3skermacPosted 1/20/2014 6:27:48 PM
BIackWind posted...
What are they thinking? Trying to move a console that is in stock everywhere AND has no games? They should have done this with the PS4, which is sold out everywhere.

Everyone made their money on launch week when they got $1000 or more for consoles on Ebay.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#4CKnightPosted 1/20/2014 6:43:56 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5slyman19Posted 1/20/2014 6:43:45 PM
BIackWind posted...

Try harder.
#6Orange_Apples(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2014 6:47:12 PM
CKnight posted...
I bought one a few days ago bundled with KI Shadowfall for $520.

It's in such high demand that prices are reasonable.

You bought an Xbox One bundled with Killer Instinct Shadowfall? You may want to consider getting your money back...
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#7CKnightPosted 1/20/2014 6:48:39 PM
Ment PS4.
#8LEGEND_725Posted 1/20/2014 6:57:27 PM
BIackWind posted...

Sony Shills getting pretty desperate
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE
#9Team_NinjaPosted 1/20/2014 7:03:24 PM
Not sure about this, but I believe the seller doesn't have to sell anything if he doesn't want to if the auction ended with a price point that he/she doesn't like. So just because an auction ended at a price, doesn't mean it was sold at that price?

Correct me on this if I'm not...
#10Orange_Apples(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2014 7:51:31 PM
Team_Ninja posted...
Not sure about this, but I believe the seller doesn't have to sell anything if he doesn't want to if the auction ended with a price point that he/she doesn't like. So just because an auction ended at a price, doesn't mean it was sold at that price?

Correct me on this if I'm not...

True, it depends on the seller, though at least one said reserve met and I haven't gotten a notice that any of them have been relisted.
---
PC + Nintendo