Hmm...What is Microsoft hiding?

#1cheechmoosterPosted 1/20/2014 10:05:11 PM
Let me get this straight, Microsoft has a 500gb hard drive in the Xbox One which out of the box has 138gb worth of pre installed software on it yet has no way for you to see what is taking up that space? My 360 has this BASIC function as well as every single other device I own where I can look up and see what is taking up space on my hard drive, so why make this notification system that let's you know when you have no more space rather than just let you manage these things yourself? Even if the OS was that big why not give me a pie chart or something like the 360 had so I can see for myself what is taking up the room? It does appear they are hiding something, something worth keeping a secret at the expense of your convenience and also a replaceable hard drive...Anybody care to speculate?
#2scoobydoobydontPosted 1/20/2014 10:07:20 PM
Remember the end of Ace Ventura? That.
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#3BigLongDownerPosted 1/20/2014 10:08:18 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
Remember the end of Ace Ventura? That.

She's a man, baby!
---
GT - The Grunge Guy
#4Orange_ApplesPosted 1/20/2014 10:08:43 PM
They aren't hiding anything, they just felt it was information that most users didn't need to know. Disk management would be managed by software in which old unused data is removed to make room for new data as the system continued to be in use.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#5Reflex-ArcPosted 1/20/2014 10:10:25 PM
They don't want you to find the folder full of the photos the Illuminati have of you, or the other footage MS has collected from all the times Major Nelson has snuck into your home at night and kicked your dog.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#6skermacPosted 1/20/2014 10:10:57 PM
Orange_Apples posted...
They aren't hiding anything, they just felt it was information that most users didn't need to know. Disk management would be managed by software in which old unused data is removed to make room for new data as the system continued to be in use.

We own the console so we have the right to see whats on it even if they think we don't need to know. Some want to know and should be able to see whats on it. It our right after spending so much money.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#71nternationa7Posted 1/20/2014 10:13:23 PM
A) Ad data
B) Use browsing data
C) User usage data
D) Spyware
E) Adware
F) Remote Override (we know this already exists)
G) Space just in case of future updates
H) NSA Backdoor
I) Bill Gates Backdoor
J) Reserved space for game secondary functions
K) Biometric data
L) Self-expiration protocol
M) Skynet
N) Plans to destroy humanity
O) Plans to destroy the world
---
SV 3340 Pokemon Y Friend Code: 5172-1018-8947
#8elbarto1Posted 1/20/2014 10:13:32 PM
Laces out Dan!
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: THE_BODY_ :NNID: The_B0DY
#9cheechmooster(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2014 10:14:09 PM
Reflex-Arc posted...
They don't want you to find the folder full of the photos the Illuminati have of you, or the other footage MS has collected from all the times Major Nelson has snuck into your home at night and kicked your dog.

Exactly what I had presumed, thank you.
#10Apex-PlayerPosted 1/20/2014 10:14:27 PM
Hmm 138 gigs used. Lets see, 100 for the dash and snap and all other necessary things & 38gig for your daily audio/video recording. Makes sense if you get flagged by some OP youtube type program for a certain phrase or the kinect scans a gun in the room, they can then listen to and view your last 24hrs worth of saved footage. Just speculation of course but you asked for such so I gave you my speculation.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat