Games are becoming too easy

#11xTeKNiQuExPosted 1/21/2014 6:30:07 AM
Who remembers FF VIII's final boss? Hour long fight lol. Legend of Dragoon... so many great classics. They don't make em like they use to...

Fyi I feel old :(
---
XBL - AyeYoTeK, Detroit Lions
Not Changing this sig till we get a remake of Final Fantasy 7. Started 01/01/12
#12JusticeSwordPosted 1/21/2014 6:50:19 AM
xTeKNiQuEx posted...
Who remembers FF VIII's final boss? Hour long fight lol. Legend of Dragoon... so many great classics. They don't make em like they use to...

Didnt take me an hour, then again I was OP & grinded immensely, I even defeated the mech crab XATM 082, i'll never forget its name either, it was years later I discovered it was apparently hard to beat it.

Havent been fairly challenged by a traditional jrpg since star ocean 3, & none before that as far back till the megadrive era, phantasy stars were quite hard but I was younger, jrpgs have always been grind to win, SO3 required you to time presses & move about though.

The hardest games should be based on the gameplay mechanics & not cheap movesets or OP godmode AI , dark souls & demon souls for example force you to learn from mistakes, & every boss is beatable with ANY class/build, further proving that its difficulty is high but fair.

We need more Arpgs.
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#13WaywardBiscuitPosted 1/21/2014 6:52:11 AM
xTeKNiQuEx posted...

You mean one of the easiest bosses of all ff, dragoon was easy also, sounds like you just didnt understand rpg's aswell
---
George Likes Spicy Chicken
#14LEGEND_725Posted 1/21/2014 6:55:51 AM
I agree. Even games like Dark Souls or Witcher 2 which were supposed to be grueling hard felt like what a normal difficulty should be. I expect to die a few times and have to think about what to do.
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE
#15dnmtPosted 1/21/2014 6:58:54 AM
LEGEND_725 posted...
I agree. Even games like Dark Souls or Witcher 2 which were supposed to be grueling hard felt like what a normal difficulty should be. I expect to die a few times and have to think about what to do.

Try Witcher 2 on the hardest difficulty settings, it's like an entirely different game. Also Metal Gear Rising is seriously the best game released last year and is supremely challenging.
#16Jiggy101011Posted 1/21/2014 6:59:20 AM
BoomerHelll posted...
Seriously, just beat battlefield 4 on hard without dying more than twice. Nightmare mode on Dr3? done in one sitting. Went to re4 HD on 360, didn't pass the first village on professional. Whats going on?

Done in one sitting? It took me about a week and a half just to finish normal and do the side quests.. did you just rush through on nightmare mode?
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
#17JusticeSwordPosted 1/21/2014 7:03:03 AM
LEGEND_725 posted...

Our consoles of choice differ but here is where I agree, DS force you to think & act in a way because nothing is handed to you, traps, broken walkways, mobs ganging up on you, heavier weapon = slower hits, 2hand a weapon for maximum effectiveness, too much armour slows you down, etc etc.

A lot to consider but all makes sense.
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#18LEGEND_725Posted 1/21/2014 7:04:22 AM
dnmt posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...

Try Witcher 2 on the hardest difficulty settings, it's like an entirely different game. Also Metal Gear Rising is seriously the best game released last year and is supremely challenging.

I played through it blind on Dark my first time haha. Chapter 1 was hard because you lacked many things oddly (the Adrenaline bar, aoe attacks, etc). By Chapter 2 I had already crafted that unique set of armor for "dark difficulty" and when I got my adrenaline bar it seemed like easy mode again.
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE
#19TwinmoldPosted 1/21/2014 8:13:08 AM
*Complains about games being too easy*

*Thinks Resident Evil 4 is hard on any difficulty*

L o l.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#20garcia_jxPosted 1/21/2014 9:00:00 AM
That's what I like about don't starve: you die, it's over. There are no checkpoints, no continues. Once you're dead, you have to start over.