Games are becoming too easy

#21TrueBlue91Posted 1/21/2014 9:06:20 AM
What I hate about "difficulty" on harder settings/ hard games is that it's usually just increased damage from enemies, less health, more enemies, if you die you go back MILES, etc.

Games don't often provide a truly satisfying/fair "hard" challenge. But MGS4's Big Boss Emblem... Now THAT was a damn good challenge.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
"This isn't even apples to oranges. More like toast to bears." - Bloodychess
#22SunDevil77Posted 1/21/2014 9:31:02 AM
creep50 posted...
yubb and it is a legit reason why i like many old school games better...i like it when hard mode actually means something

and i hate it when people automatically say ´´nostalgia´´ or something stupid like that when people say they like older games better and dont even listen to the reasoning

Because games are still hard. You just have to play the right games.

Try Super Meat Boy, Trials Evo, almost any given SHMUP, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Halo games on Legendary, etc.

More mainstream games are easier. But games can still be punishingly difficult, especially indie/downloadable games.
---
My teeth are swords, my claws are spears, my wings are a hurricane!
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#23creep50Posted 1/21/2014 9:46:29 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
creep50 posted...
yubb and it is a legit reason why i like many old school games better...i like it when hard mode actually means something

and i hate it when people automatically say ´´nostalgia´´ or something stupid like that when people say they like older games better and dont even listen to the reasoning

Because games are still hard. You just have to play the right games.

Try Super Meat Boy, Trials Evo, almost any given SHMUP, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Halo games on Legendary, etc.

More mainstream games are easier. But games can still be punishingly difficult, especially indie/downloadable games.

in other words try games with much lower budget that are trying to be oldschool...like every game you just mentioned except halo?

i thought we where talking about big releases here

meat boy is good DKR is better...dont like trials..but i stand by my statement

only big game here is halo and i got enough of it after 3...the legendary mode was okay tho..but halo (and most but not all modern FPS) bores me for quite a bit..also it wasnt that hard ether (regen health almost always make games too easy)
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
#24Exodus_PrimePosted 1/21/2014 1:57:25 PM
I think the Tc is trying to pretend he's the RAMBO of video games. You beat BF4 on Hard and only died a few times? How about you try to beat it on hard without dying once...if you die start the game over from the beginning that should keep you busy. Do you play games online? the online must not be a challenge either huh? you must win every online match in BF4 too?

Play Dark Souls.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#25Jedi454Posted 1/21/2014 2:04:37 PM
I don't want games to be like what they were in the NES era, I lose my temper so easily at hard games. Almost destroyed my controller just by losing online in a MW3 game.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#26jenekiPosted 1/21/2014 4:12:44 PM
360 was one of the better consoles for shmups in a long time. Challenging games are out there, you just have to research a bit more to find them these days.
---
Up, Down, A, A, B, Left, Right, A, B, Up, A, Down, Right, Right, Left, B, Up, Left, A, Right, B, Left, Right, A, Left, Up, A, Down, A, Right, Left, B, Start.
#27aray48Posted 1/21/2014 4:44:10 PM
Hmm, well Battlefield 4 is world-renowned for its singleplayer, so that was a good example to use.
#28garcia_jxPosted 1/21/2014 4:46:09 PM
dnmt posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
I agree. Even games like Dark Souls or Witcher 2 which were supposed to be grueling hard felt like what a normal difficulty should be. I expect to die a few times and have to think about what to do.

Try Witcher 2 on the hardest difficulty settings, it's like an entirely different game. Also Metal Gear Rising is seriously the best game released last year and is supremely challenging.

Shoot, The Witcher 2 on medium was difficult, especially the first encounter with Lethos. He annihilated me.
#29BlueJester007Posted 1/21/2014 4:48:27 PM
BoomerHelll posted...
Went to re4 HD on 360, didn't pass the first village on professional.

Damn! You really suck at that game. (This is assuming you had multiple tries and didn't give up when you died on the first attempt)
---
When you tell someone that they don't understand something, be sure to enlighten them instead of just being a vague and pretentious dick.
#302ndAtomiskPosted 1/24/2014 7:04:49 PM
JusticeSword posted...
xTeKNiQuEx posted...
Who remembers FF VIII's final boss? Hour long fight lol. Legend of Dragoon... so many great classics. They don't make em like they use to...

Fyi I feel old :(

Didnt take me an hour, then again I was OP & grinded immensely, I even defeated the mech crab XATM 082, i'll never forget its name either, it was years later I discovered it was apparently hard to beat it.

Well, you got it's name wrong. Could be a typo though seeing as you only messed up one number, so you get the benefit of the doubt. It's actually X-ATM092.

But yes, there are still some games that are decently challenging. It's not for everyone, but Resonance of Fate is a good example. That game has made more than a few people want to quite in the chapter 4 dungeon. Lots of people immediately assume tons of grinding is absolutely necessary when in actuality it just takes some actual strategy. Plus it's got 10 difficulties.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine