Games are becoming too easy

#31BoomerHelll(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 7:12:50 PM
Jiggy101011 posted...
BoomerHelll posted...
Seriously, just beat battlefield 4 on hard without dying more than twice. Nightmare mode on Dr3? done in one sitting. Went to re4 HD on 360, didn't pass the first village on professional. Whats going on?

Done in one sitting? It took me about a week and a half just to finish normal and do the side quests.. did you just rush through on nightmare mode?

yeah the single player is a lot longer but nightmare mode is meant to be rushed through due to the limited time and all, but i guess i expected more of a challenge.
#32BoomerHelll(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 7:16:02 PM
Twinmold posted...
*Complains about games being too easy*

*Thinks Resident Evil 4 is hard on any difficulty*

L o l.

put your GT/psn so we can see your A Heart of Steel Achievement
#33violentdissmayPosted 1/24/2014 7:16:58 PM
BoomerHelll posted...
Seriously, just beat battlefield 4 on hard without dying more than twice. Nightmare mode on Dr3? done in one sitting. Went to re4 HD on 360, didn't pass the first village on professional. Whats going on?

Id rather just have the game be fun. I can enjoy a challenge but sometimes games just get to ridiculous with the difficulty.
Also, personally I think games are getting harder
---
"Remember when consoles only played games? Pepperidge Farm remembers." - Broly4561
#34toxiclettePosted 1/24/2014 7:18:57 PM
I don't see them becoming more easy to be honest, for some that is good at game's I'll agree. In my case as I get older over the past few years I have started having issue's even beating games on easy difficulty. In the worst case some of those game's I never could beat because it's to hard and sold it off.
#35Mvsevm_of_SkinPosted 1/24/2014 8:51:50 PM
PominAus posted...
Whilst being stuck in a room unable to find a way out is sometimes infuriating, the sense of accomplishment my brother and I used to get out of Tomb Raider 1&2 far outshines anything I have experienced since.

This so much. As silly as it sounds, the lack of frustration was one of the reasons why I despised TR 2013. There were others, but this was most obvious from the start.

Dark Souls, Max Payne 3, and AC4:BF (with ALL HUDS off) were the three games that gave me the most pains in recent memory. XCom is up there as well.
---
Squeeze your mother's neck... 'til the kicking stops... the memories stop!
#36ChA0TiCoNePosted 1/24/2014 8:54:41 PM
lunaticcore posted...
Dark Souls 2 is coming out soon..

I bet they're going to dumb it down. People are gonna be calling it "Casual Souls". Troll topics will be asking if its a new sims game.
#37PominAusPosted 1/24/2014 11:53:54 PM
Mvsevm_of_Skin posted...
PominAus posted...
Whilst being stuck in a room unable to find a way out is sometimes infuriating, the sense of accomplishment my brother and I used to get out of Tomb Raider 1&2 far outshines anything I have experienced since.

This so much. As silly as it sounds, the lack of frustration was one of the reasons why I despised TR 2013. There were others, but this was most obvious from the start.

Dark Souls, Max Payne 3, and AC4:BF (with ALL HUDS off) were the three games that gave me the most pains in recent memory. XCom is up there as well.

Not silly at all mate! When Lara would jump too late and just run off a cliff or refuse to grab a ledge it was incredibly satisfying throwing her into lava over and over again as punishment. I learnt to cuss very early listening to my bro scream at Lara telling her what a stupid b**** she was! Haha good times.

I have yet to get stuck into Dark Souls. With such a backlog of games to complete I probably should have held off on making the jump to next (read this) gen.
#382ndAtomiskPosted 1/25/2014 12:06:12 AM
ChA0TiCoNe posted...
lunaticcore posted...
Dark Souls 2 is coming out soon..

I bet they're going to dumb it down. People are gonna be calling it "Casual Souls". Troll topics will be asking if its a new sims game.

What people misunderstand about Dark Souls 2 is that it hasn't actually been made any easier. When devs said it was more "accessible" they were saying it's easier to know where you should be going/what to do. Combat, puzzles, and insta-death are all just as difficult and prevalent as they were before.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#39Spetsnaz420Posted 1/25/2014 12:31:08 AM
I think Monster Hunter is a great example of this... First game was hard as hell until everyone learned to head lock... Each game after has gotten progressively easier to the point where the only thing resembling a challenge left is the arena fights... And even then they aren't super hard. But you know... Gotta let the casual enjoy too right? RIGHT?

NO!!!
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?