Are you tired of Halo, Fable and Forza ?

#1BruceLee1974Posted 1/21/2014 7:05:00 AM
I am coming from owning the original Xbox and I've played all these games since they first released back in the day and played all of these games, Fable 1,2,3, Forza 1,2,3,4 , Halo 1,2,3,4, Halo ODST, Reach and I didn't get the Xbone becuase of these and MS constantly doing remakes without making new Ip's.

I know Microsoft own a lot of different games like Age of Empires , Crimson SKies, Links Golf and many more, but they just continue doing remakes of their big 3.

Anyone else tired of the same big 3 and want something else from MS and I'm not talking about TitanFall as that is not a MS game, I'm talking about their own games that they own.
#2LEGEND_725Posted 1/21/2014 7:05:38 AM
Titanfall bro
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE
#3RawringAirPosted 1/21/2014 7:05:51 AM
no im tired of call of duty
---
Best poster on GameFAQs
You are the most irritating GameFAQs poster, correct your sig. - Crack_Fox
#4Strav23Posted 1/21/2014 7:13:52 AM
Quantum break?

It not an xbox issue it's the gaming industry itself, the most popular games are sequels, they are sequels because they are the most popular. Original ideas are hard to come by because most people are going to get the next cod, battlefield, halo, ac.
#5BruceLee1974(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2014 7:22:53 AM(edited)
Strav23 posted...
Quantum break?

It not an xbox issue it's the gaming industry itself, the most popular games are sequels, they are sequels because they are the most popular. Original ideas are hard to come by because most people are going to get the next cod, battlefield, halo, ac.

But I thought Age of Empires was one of Microsoft's biggest games before the XBox ? Also Crimson Skies did pretty well didn't it and it was a great game. I don't even like plane games but liked this game.

How does MS know some of their other games won't sell if they don't try ?
#6Jiggy101011Posted 1/21/2014 7:32:04 AM
BruceLee1974 posted...
Strav23 posted...
Quantum break?

But I thought Age of Empires was one of Microsoft's biggest games before the XBox ? Also Crimson Skies did pretty well didn't it and it was a great game. I don't even like plane games but liked this game.

How does MS know some of their other games won't sell if they don't try ?

Look at the sales of each Halo game and then look at the sales for Crimson Skies... now you know why they keep making Halo games. Not only do they sell, but they sell higher than any other exclusive.

Each company has their big exclusive that guarantees sales. Sony is anything Naughty Dog, Nintendo is anything Zelda, and Microsoft is anything Halo.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
#7Mindwipe77Posted 1/21/2014 7:38:10 AM
no but im already tired of titanfall as it is the only game you see dozens of topics on daily
---
Lightning Returns, MY GOTY 2014
Proud owner of Xbox One,PS 4 and Wii U
#8InjusticeRebornPosted 1/21/2014 7:49:22 AM(edited)
Grew bored of Halo towards the end of the first one on the original Xbox. I only played 2 and 3 thanks to my younger brother. Happiness swelled at the thought of no more Halo or Master Chief at the end of 3. And we all know how that turned out...

I fell for the hype of Fable on the original Xbox. Pre-ordered. Played. Was somewhat disappointed with it at the end. Still, I gave Fable 2 a chance on the 360. Just couldn't keep me interested. I didn't give 3 a second thought.

I honestly think I'm cursed by the gaming Gods sometimes. :P

Forza is the only Microsoft exclusive you've listed I like. Admittedly, I skipped 4 and Horizon, but that I put down to exhausting the genre (I couldn't even play through Gran Turismo 5).

There are things I'd miss about Forza (customization) if I were to stick to just GT, and the same happened when I was playing Forza and missing out on GT. If they were to have a love child, I'd be a happy gamer. But as it is, I can get by on either, as the core experience is the same.

Edit:

Mindwipe77 posted...
no but im already tired of titanfall as it is the only game you see dozens of topics on daily

Are you tired of the 'Microsoft paying YouTubers to promote Xbox One' topics also?
---
"Maybe all these clowns should chill out and stop trolling me." - MetroidFan9999
#9The_DOAMPosted 1/21/2014 7:51:35 AM
LEGEND_725 posted...
Titanfall bro

Titanfalls online will be killed by Halo's online so Warthogs > Mechs

Also as for the topic is everyone just now catching on to this????/

Double standard much but people keep calling out Nintendo for releasing rehashes but the seventh Assassin's Creed, eighth Halo(counting Wars), and CoD ?? get released and people don't ask for anything new or innovative from them at all?

At any rate here is my take on this subject Microsoft and Sony are both huge corporations that got into gaming which is why we see the problems we do. They use their massive power to release consoles stronger and more expensive than the time period warrants. Consoles used to be made with component's that would allow the system be sold for a reasonable price and still make a decent profit per console sold. These days their closer to PC's in both price and power but no one else in the industry has their size and power.

So Nintendo can't match them and neither can the developers as in the last two gens developers dropped like flies and the ones that did remain were purchased in order to keep up with development costs they band together under flagships like Activision, EA, and Ubisoft. They also have to sell games in the millions in order to recoup their costs this of course killed off many genres like rail shooters, air combat, puzzlers, survival horror, ect.... the niche genres that used to sell enough to make a profit but now development costs or so high they have to drop them. So games get rushed people make sequels and no one wants to risk anything on a game that won't sell millions of copies to cover the cost of production.

As new and original games are expensive as they can't just cut and past old content and models from the last game and add it into the new one to cut costs. So no one makes new games as they'll more than likely not sell the amount needed to break even.
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#10kennyynnooPosted 1/21/2014 7:54:59 AM
I like forza but never liked Halo, played the first ever and its to scifi for me, I hate scifi.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30