XB1 has3 OS's including Win 8, so we cant we play pc games?

#1skermacPosted 1/21/2014 8:32:19 AM
I don't know much about how an OS works, but can someone explain or point me to a link as to why we cant play pc games. Maybe MS locked it out and someone can hack or change a line of code in the registry as a work around? Thanks.

Boyd Multerer, Director of Development of Xbox division has revealed that Xbox One runs THREE Operating system simultaneously in order to meet demands of both developers and gamers.

Boyd revealed that in Xbox One there's a Windows 8 Kernal OS and Xbox OS, the third OS acts as a bridge between these two operating systems.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/13400-xbox-one-has-three-os-running-simultaneously-aim-serve-both-developers-and-.html
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#2Viet0nePosted 1/21/2014 8:47:26 AM
The hardware isn't optimized for it.

The performance playing in the Win8 OS would be abysmal because there will be no optimizations for the GPU to use the SRAM.

All you would be able to do is play old games and even then they won't perform well.
---
Currently Playing: ACIV, Starbound, Borderlands2
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#3schmarkenheimerPosted 1/21/2014 8:52:30 AM
Why not just unlock the PC to play PS4 and X1 games?
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#4uchiha_lordPosted 1/21/2014 8:56:31 AM
schmarkenheimer posted...

If that were to happen, i think more people would just buy computers instead of buying the consoles. It would be a loss in money.
---
From now on, i alone will stand at the top ~Aizen
#5SythisTaruPosted 1/21/2014 9:00:26 AM
People buy consoles because they can't afford computers. They are budget computers.
#6skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2014 9:04:20 AM
uchiha_lord posted...

If that were to happen, i think more people would just buy computers instead of buying the consoles. It would be a loss in money.

I wouldn't because on a pc you always have to check the game box for specs to see if you have thos or that version of Direc X and enough ram and the right video card etc. It seems you need to upgrade a pc every year to play the most current games, but not with consoles.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#7Jptremblay13Posted 1/21/2014 9:11:12 AM
Windows RT
#8dementedlullabyPosted 1/21/2014 9:13:04 AM
skermac posted...
uchiha_lord posted...

It seems you need to upgrade a pc every year to play the most current games, but not with consoles.

You have no idea what you are talking about lmfao.
---
XBL/PSN/NNID/Steam:DementedLullaby Origin:DL8286
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#92ndAtomiskPosted 1/21/2014 9:13:35 AM
skermac posted...
uchiha_lord posted...

I wouldn't because on a pc you always have to check the game box for specs to see if you have thos or that version of Direc X and enough ram and the right video card etc. It seems you need to upgrade a pc every year to play the most current games, but not with consoles.

Nah. I got my gaming PC around the time Tera was announced. Ever since then pretty much every PC game has been made to work with every rig built within the last 4 of 5 years.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#10schmarkenheimerPosted 1/21/2014 9:41:44 AM
skermac posted...
uchiha_lord posted...

On the flipside , if that were to happen you'd need $900 to access all PS4/X1 exclusives and for that you can get quite a machine.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12