If this is true, what does it mean for Microsoft?

#1ZenGamer64Posted 1/21/2014 12:52:01 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/21/report-microsoft-paying-youtubers-for-positive-xbox-one-coverage
---
Feed me like a baby bird!
#2MuryoPosted 1/21/2014 12:54:20 PM
It means that they exposed themselves as insecure and having no faith in their product......again.
---
Miiverse: Muryoken
PSN: Muryoken
#3FeatherwindPosted 1/21/2014 12:55:59 PM
Also shows that they are willing to do questionable/unethical marketing and that they are trying to prevent paid marketing being identified as such.
---
pathological
#4Juzten76Posted 1/21/2014 12:58:16 PM
Shows they like compensate people for their hard work. I applaud them for their contributions to the Youtube community. Nothing wrong with paying people to spread the truth.
#5BeefEasterPosted 1/21/2014 12:58:24 PM
what do you mean "If this is true"?

it is true
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#6coltsfan4ever31Posted 1/21/2014 12:58:27 PM
It's just MS being MS. It's in their nature to do things like this.
---
---"If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score?"-Vince Lombardi
#7EllesarienPosted 1/21/2014 12:58:35 PM
Nothing.

But nothing is more cool now than fake outrage so go nuts.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#8FeatherwindPosted 1/21/2014 1:02:27 PM
Ellesarien posted...
Nothing.

What makes it "fake outrage" and how does it not prove that they are willing to try to prevent paid marketing being identified as paid marketing or that they are insecure about the merits of their own console?
---
pathological
#9xtacbPosted 1/21/2014 1:07:23 PM
on TV: you gota say this is a paid promotion brought to you by yadda yadda yadda

for internet since 2012 you need to say that too

with this paid youtube promo, MS wants youtubers to bypass that FTC regulation and not say they are being paid at all
---
Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?
#10EnclavePosted 1/21/2014 1:07:56 PM
Ellesarien posted...
Nothing.

So you don't have a problem with a company breaking the law as long as it's a company that produces a product you like?

Anyways, what this means is that Microsoft for some idiotic reason decided to do something illegal (worst that will happen is they and Machinima will get fined a whack of money). Now, the reason I don't get why they did something this stupid is because they were finally managing to turn around peoples perceptions of the system.

Basically, as soon as people start talking about the systems games and such instead of the BS they were trying to pull pre-launch they go and do this which of course derails everything and makes people talk about how scummy of a company they are once again.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.