From a business standpoint, I understand why people want MS to dump Xbox

#1PhaseBlackPosted 1/21/2014 3:49:06 PM
MS is spending hundreds of millions, maybe more than a billion now, on promoting the Xbox One when it isn't meeting the level of demand of a product that big or even the same level of demand the PS4 has. Looking into the future, it may not be worth it to continue burning money like that and that is probably why investors are so worried.
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2kcypher2000Posted 1/21/2014 3:52:03 PM
Yet they are making more money then bankrupt sony. Or did you forget that sony is losing more on each unit sold and selling less software.

I love ponies and their delusions. Btw be careful with your saves.
#3ElemayowePosted 1/21/2014 3:54:23 PM
Seems bizarre putting so much money into something, having it become the 2nd fastest selling product of it's kind of all time, and to still fall short. Sounds like someone in the financial planning department didn't think this whole thing through? As if they expected everyone in the world and their dog to buy one so they could break even.

Still the video game industry seems to a poor one profit wise.
---
XBL: DeathOnSkates 3DS: 0602 - 6733 - 6087
#4Jiggy101011Posted 1/21/2014 3:57:50 PM
What is your background in business TC?
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
#5scoobydoobydontPosted 1/21/2014 4:00:54 PM
kcypher2000 posted...
Yet they are making more money then bankrupt sony. Or did you forget that sony is losing more on each unit sold and selling less software.

---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#6krystylaPosted 1/21/2014 4:06:11 PM
PhaseBlack posted...
MS is spending hundreds of millions, maybe more than a billion now, on promoting the Xbox One when it isn't meeting the level of demand of a product that big or even the same level of demand the PS4 has. Looking into the future, it may not be worth it to continue burning money like that and that is probably why investors are so worried.

Always wondered if this figure includes licensing fees and XBL?
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#7EllesarienPosted 1/21/2014 4:11:23 PM
Just like last gen, both consoles will start making more money as soon as the price for components decreases and better/less costly options become available.

Both lost money early last gen...both were making money at the end of the gen.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#8181stCommanderPosted 1/21/2014 4:13:21 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
kcypher2000 posted...

Lol did you seriously quoted that pathetic fanboy? Wow.
---
Join The Galactic Empire, like the Imperial Fleet facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/theimperialfleet
#9scoobydoobydontPosted 1/21/2014 4:16:43 PM
181stCommander posted...
scoobydoobydont posted...
kcypher2000 posted...

Lol did you seriously quoted that pathetic fanboy? Wow.

When you can't argue with the facts... bye, bye troll.
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#10SonyPonyTonyPosted 1/21/2014 4:17:15 PM
I'm shocked that TC wants to believe MS might be dumping Xbox considering he's a sony pony. Also, sony has a 79% chance of bankruptcy in two years so PS4 is a dead console, plus it's hardly outselling the Xbox One despite backlash, being $100 cheaper, and Xbox availability in stores. Also PS4 is lagging in software sales :(
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA