How does this make sense? Is it just me or...

#1teeebzPosted 1/21/2014 10:41:21 PM
When people say things like "wow Titanfall is MP only? I won't buy it," or "I wouldn't pay 60 bucks for a MP only game," seem very strange? Granted if you DONT play online games in this day and age I can understand...even though the percentage of that (truthfully) I'd think would be very minimal. I mean, how many gamers never hop online today? (Not including certain countries or soldiers overseas.)

People will shell out 60 bucks for a single player game that lasts 8-10 hours with NO problem. Why? Because they enjoy it, even when said game has no real replay value aside from maybe a higher difficulty. Yet in an MP game where people play for hundreds of hours, it's crazy talk to buy it.

I haven't played any single player of a COD game since the first black ops. Nowadays I buy it and jump straight online because that's what's fun to me (even though I didn't buy ghosts.) I bought BF4 and have played the opening sequence and that was it. Everything else has been online.

It seems like just a lame excuse to say MP only=bad game/not worth it/etc.

I can't be the only one who thinks this...
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83
#2chaotix42Posted 1/21/2014 10:45:58 PM
People will say anything just to get a reaction around here.
---
GT: Falchion Sensei
#3RaRitsujunPosted 1/21/2014 10:47:37 PM
LOOOL.
---
18700 XBL Gamerscores | 43 PSN Platinums - Level 25 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#4goatthiefPosted 1/21/2014 10:48:36 PM
Some people like their single player action. Sometimes playing with people can be aggravating.
---
Please visit 261, the gamefaqs politics board so you can become more informed about the process before voting.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/261-politics
#5aszsithPosted 1/21/2014 11:28:11 PM(edited)
I will not buy Titanfall most likely. It isn't about "replay" value for me. If a single player game has a 10 hour campaign and it is has quality production values, is well written, and is fun to play, than I am happy. $6 per hour is more value than going to the movies after all.

When a game requires other players to be involved, not as an optional choice, then my interest is gone. My signature explains exactly why.

That being said, it looks like it will be a cool game and I hope it is. Unfortunately, it isn't the product for me, but that doesn't mean I can't recognize the appeal to others. It simply doesn't appeal to me.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#6Rad_ZombiePosted 1/21/2014 11:23:15 PM
You also won't be able to play the game unless you have gold so I'm sure the people who only have silver aren't happy that they can't play the game unless they upgrade.
#7teeebz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 12:01:43 PM
aszsith posted...
I will not buy Titanfall most likely. It isn't about "replay" value for me. If a single player game has a 10 hour campaign and it is has quality production values, is well written, and is fun to play, than I am happy. $6 per hour is more value than going to the movies after all.

When a game requires other players to be involved, not as an optional choice, then my interest is gone. My signature explains exactly why.

That being said, it looks like it will be a cool game and I hope it is. Unfortunately, it isn't the product for me, but that doesn't mean I can't recognize the appeal to others. It simply doesn't appeal to me.

This I understand, and can agree with in terms of if the game is short, but you had fun, than it is worth it. At the same time if I'm playing a particular game a lot online, then I'm having fun and it stays fresh longer than that single player campaign. Don't get me wrong, I fully enjoy a great single player game like the last of us, god of war, etc. but I also really enjoy hopping online with friends and playing against other people.

I guess my point is, I think while there are some true genuine gamers such as yourself with good reasons as to why they won't be buying the game, there is a large portion of people with the "TF sucks, MP only Wahh" view simply because they can't play it.

On a side note I don't understand why you would spend 500 bucks on an Xbox and NOT spend 60 or lower for a year of Xbox live.
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83
#8Juzten76Posted 1/22/2014 12:13:31 PM
teeebz posted...

I haven't played any single player of a COD game since the first black ops. Nowadays I buy it and jump straight online because that's what's fun to me (even though I didn't buy ghosts.)

I hadn't played through a COD campaign since Black Ops either, but I did play though the Ghosts campaign and it was great. I highly recommend picking it up for both the single player and multiplayer.
#9NeoMonkPosted 1/22/2014 12:15:42 PM
chaotix42 posted...
People will say anything just to get a reaction around here.
Starting with TC?
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#10Keanu_XPosted 1/22/2014 12:53:29 PM
It could be justfiable if they took the effort that ISN'T going into a single player campaign, and put it into a better multiplayer ie more weapons and maps than games normally launch with. it needs to go above and beyond the standard multiplayer experience.

I don't believe it will. because it's EA and Microsoft and they sell to sheep who don't think, because they can get away with substandard products and services.

I predict titanfall will have the fastest rise and decline in popularity that we've seen in a long time in a game.