How does this make sense? Is it just me or...

#11EllesarienPosted 1/22/2014 12:56:15 PM
NeoMonk posted...
chaotix42 posted...
People will say anything just to get a reaction around here.
Starting with TC?

That seemed a pretty reasonable post that does have logic behind it?

What did you find so outrageous about it?
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#12Juzten76Posted 1/22/2014 1:05:06 PM
Ellesarien posted...
NeoMonk posted...
chaotix42 posted...
People will say anything just to get a reaction around here.
Starting with TC?

That seemed a pretty reasonable post that does have logic behind it?

What did you find so outrageous about it?

Not hipster enough for NeoMonk.
#13krystylaPosted 1/22/2014 1:07:20 PM
Keanu_X posted...
It could be justfiable if they took the effort that ISN'T going into a single player campaign, and put it into a better multiplayer ie more weapons and maps than games normally launch with. it needs to go above and beyond the standard multiplayer experience.

I don't believe it will. because it's EA and Microsoft and they sell to sheep who don't think, because they can get away with substandard products and services.

I predict titanfall will have the fastest rise and decline in popularity that we've seen in a long time in a game.

Respawn already said they don't have the manpower to make a SP while still delivering what they want for MP afaik
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#14teeebz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 1:18:58 PM
I try not to pay much attention to Neo

He's in that "I am strictly negative and will only say bad things about the Xbox one as well as be sarcastic to the people who enjoy it," as well as the "anytime someone has anything negative to say it immediately makes them a troll right? Psh," group.

He seems to know everything about the Xbox one since he's always displaying how he dislikes it as well as has no intentions on buying one so I'm not quite sure why he's here so often.
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83
#15este914Posted 1/22/2014 1:19:48 PM
If I ever play Titanfall, it will be for single player campaign only.
---
...::: este914 :::...
The One & Only!
#16Reflex-ArcPosted 1/22/2014 1:37:29 PM
A good single player player experience is like a reading book. Multiplayer is like seeing the Hollywood movie adaption of that book in a theater full of annoying people at a mall.

I prefer the book.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#17method115Posted 1/22/2014 1:44:37 PM
teeebz posted...
When people say things like "wow Titanfall is MP only? I won't buy it," or "I wouldn't pay 60 bucks for a MP only game," seem very strange? Granted if you DONT play online games in this day and age I can understand...even though the percentage of that (truthfully) I'd think would be very minimal. I mean, how many gamers never hop online today? (Not including certain countries or soldiers overseas.)

With my 360 I almost never got online at all. I got XBL for a while to play SF4, GTA4 and that's it. I just don't enjoy online FPS that much. They get really boring really fast I need some sort of progression system to keep me interested. This is why MMO's tend to keep me entertained longer because things are constantly changing from lands, to equipment, level, spells. FPS games don't have a lot of stuff like that and they have the same maps rotated over and over again.
---
PSN: method114
#18Juzten76Posted 1/22/2014 1:47:31 PM
Reflex-Arc posted...
A good single player player experience is like a reading book. Multiplayer is like seeing the Hollywood movie adaption of that book in a theater full of annoying people at a mall.

I prefer the book.

Multiplayer isn't that bad. It all depends on what kind of experience you want. If you're playing with a few friends it's nothing like what you said. I only wish I could mute the annoying people at the mall.
#19aszsithPosted 1/22/2014 9:25:17 PM
teeebz posted...
aszsith posted...
I will not buy Titanfall most likely. It isn't about "replay" value for me. If a single player game has a 10 hour campaign and it is has quality production values, is well written, and is fun to play, than I am happy. $6 per hour is more value than going to the movies after all.

When a game requires other players to be involved, not as an optional choice, then my interest is gone. My signature explains exactly why.

That being said, it looks like it will be a cool game and I hope it is. Unfortunately, it isn't the product for me, but that doesn't mean I can't recognize the appeal to others. It simply doesn't appeal to me.

This I understand, and can agree with in terms of if the game is short, but you had fun, than it is worth it. At the same time if I'm playing a particular game a lot online, then I'm having fun and it stays fresh longer than that single player campaign. Don't get me wrong, I fully enjoy a great single player game like the last of us, god of war, etc. but I also really enjoy hopping online with friends and playing against other people.

I guess my point is, I think while there are some true genuine gamers such as yourself with good reasons as to why they won't be buying the game, there is a large portion of people with the "TF sucks, MP only Wahh" view simply because they can't play it.

On a side note I don't understand why you would spend 500 bucks on an Xbox and NOT spend 60 or lower for a year of Xbox live.

I do have Live. Never said I didn't. I simply said a game that lacks a single player mode isn't my preference. I can appreciate the folks that want to play it and hope for their sake that it lives up to the hype that is being built around it.

I actually hope the game is a success. If it is, perhaps that will enable Respawn to add a single player mode the sequel if they feel that there is sufficient demand. If the game doesn't sell, then that's bad for the companies involved, which is bad for the industry as a whole.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#20teeebz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 10:18:29 PM
aszsith posted...
teeebz posted...
aszsith posted...
I will not buy Titanfall most likely. It isn't about "replay" value for me. If a single player game has a 10 hour campaign and it is has quality production values, is well written, and is fun to play, than I am happy. $6 per hour is more value than going to the movies after all.

When a game requires other players to be involved, not as an optional choice, then my interest is gone. My signature explains exactly why.

That being said, it looks like it will be a cool game and I hope it is. Unfortunately, it isn't the product for me, but that doesn't mean I can't recognize the appeal to others. It simply doesn't appeal to me.

This I understand, and can agree with in terms of if the game is short, but you had fun, than it is worth it. At the same time if I'm playing a particular game a lot online, then I'm having fun and it stays fresh longer than that single player campaign. Don't get me wrong, I fully enjoy a great single player game like the last of us, god of war, etc. but I also really enjoy hopping online with friends and playing against other people.

I guess my point is, I think while there are some true genuine gamers such as yourself with good reasons as to why they won't be buying the game, there is a large portion of people with the "TF sucks, MP only Wahh" view simply because they can't play it.

On a side note I don't understand why you would spend 500 bucks on an Xbox and NOT spend 60 or lower for a year of Xbox live.

I do have Live. Never said I didn't. I simply said a game that lacks a single player mode isn't my preference. I can appreciate the folks that want to play it and hope for their sake that it lives up to the hype that is being built around it.

I actually hope the game is a success. If it is, perhaps that will enable Respawn to add a single player mode the sequel if they feel that there is sufficient demand. If the game doesn't sell, then that's bad for the companies involved, which is bad for the industry as a whole.

My speaking of having xbl wasn't directed at you. It was just a general statement, should've been more clear. I've seen people complain they refuse to pay the 60 bucks after throwing down hundreds of dollars already for a system when they KNOW they won't be able to do everything without it.
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83