Xbox One didn't turn on after pressing guide button on the controller.

#1AshWilliams78Posted 1/22/2014 12:00:45 AM
It's weird. I stopped playing my Xbox One for about a week then when I went to turn it on today with the controller the console would not come on. It's working fine after I turned on the console manually but it kinda freaked me out. Has this happened to anyone else?
---
Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this?
This is my BOOMSTICK!
#2TheM00dPosted 1/22/2014 7:09:20 AM
AshWilliams78 posted...
It's weird. I stopped playing my Xbox One for about a week then when I went to turn it on today with the controller the console would not come on. It's working fine after I turned on the console manually but it kinda freaked me out. Has this happened to anyone else?

Are your batteries dead?
---
GT- CCCC0MB0BREAKER
Good example. I'm sure terrorists go around saying "terrorist" all the time where they live, let alone have kinects. - TBONE_OG
#3WickedfoolPosted 1/22/2014 7:19:50 AM
I am not sure why this happens, but I have had similar issues occasionally. More specifically using voice commands, watching tv, and using the controller to turn on the system. It doesnt happen very often but I would say 3-4 times launch. The way I am able to fix the issue is by unplugging the power brick for 5-10 seconds. After that, everything seems to be in full working order. Again, not sure what the deal is but I am thinking that since it sits in an idle state that maybe after awhile it gets confused. Unplugging the power brick allows the system to fully turn off and purge the memory of that confusion.

Post here if that works for you. Maybe its an issue that needs to be brought up with Microsoft. Good luck.
#4dnmtPosted 1/22/2014 7:23:31 AM
It Just Works™
#5rollingdeadPosted 1/22/2014 7:24:20 AM
Mine did the same thing . I did not use it for a few days because of work but then when i did it would only power on from the console . It also did the slow start up , even though i have it set to instant on . It's working normal now .
#6Juzten76Posted 1/22/2014 7:31:15 AM
I've had that happen on both my 360 and my One.