Kingdom Come: Deliverance Kickstarter Coming to the Xbox One

#1swanlee6969Posted 1/22/2014 8:54:43 AM
This game looks pretty awesome. Unfortunately the devs were not able to find a publisher so they had to go the Kickstarter route.

This game is like the Anti Skyrim, a realistic RPG with weighted real combat branching stroylines, well developed quests.

If you at all like open world RPG's you need to back this one. This one should come out for the Xbox one they are already 1/3 to hitting their goal after one day

Kickstarter page:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1294225970/kingdom-come-deliverance

Realistic single-player RPG set in the medieval Europe. Open-world sandbox with period accurate melee combat. Dungeons & no Dragons.

A first-person, open world, realistic RPG that will take you to Medieval Europe in a time of great upheaval and strife. A humble, young blacksmith loses everything to war. As he tries to fulfill the dying wish of his father, Fate drags him into the thick of a conspiracy to save a kidnapped king and stop a bloody conflict. You will wander the world, fighting as a knight, lurking in the shadows as a rogue, or using the bard’s charm to persuade people to your cause. You will dive deep into a sweeping, epic, nonlinear story from Daniel Vávra, an award-winning designer from the Mafia series. Our unique, first-person combat system lets you wield sword or bow in both one-on-one skirmishes and large-scale battles. All of this - and more - brought to life beautifully with next-gen visuals delivered via CryEngine 3.

Summary

Planned platforms: PC, Xbox One*, PS4*, Mac, Linux
Release date: Q4, 2015 on PC, Max and Linux
Approx. gameplay time: 30 hours (Act 1), 70+ hours (all 3 acts)

Trailer for the Kickstarter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyfmd9ZMyIw
#2shonsuPosted 1/22/2014 6:05:38 PM
It does look good, I couldn't help but pledge a few bucks. Never have too many good RPGs.
---
Where I go, death follows.
#3ukemandwnbuPosted 1/22/2014 11:56:17 PM
Bookmarked in my Favorites. I'm very excited for Kingdom Come: Deliverance after looking through that link. I hope KC:D can achieve its goal of 300,000 pounds(?) so that they can release this on Xbox One and PS4. The realism that Warhorse is attempting to put in this game, from the sword fighting and reactions to being hit, cooking food and smithing, cooked food spoiling, the clothing fitting the time period, the setting in general, etc. is exactly what I'm looking for in such a role-playing game.

And from reading all the game's information on that page, it does seem like the "Anti-Skyrim" (lol). Thanks for the link, TC. I would have never known about this game had you never posted it.
#4freesithPosted 1/23/2014 12:11:31 AM
swanlee6969 posted...
Unfortunately the devs were not able to find a publisher

I wonder why. This game looks promising.
#5OpheliaAdenadePosted 1/23/2014 12:18:38 AM
Will it only be 30 fps on the xbone though? someone should ask.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#6CaIiber345Posted 1/23/2014 12:22:01 AM
I'm very tempted to finally sign up at Kickstarter to pledge a few clams to this game.

Has anyone had any bad experiences with Kickstarter?
---
I'd like to play DayZ on consoles.
People who agree: 3
#7ExxexPosted 1/23/2014 12:31:35 AM
Dungeons & no dragons?

the heck?

I'm no D&D type of guy, but that's similar to saying Dead Space & no Necromorphs, john and no jane, eggs & no bacon.
#8InjusticeRebornPosted 1/23/2014 1:22:51 AM(edited)
See, this is what I'm on about when I think of going into a new generation of consoles. Yes, as I've said, an upgrade is visuals is going to happen no matter what, but it's adding onto a game things that you couldn't before is what I most look forward to.

It's like Skyrim (minus Dragons), but with added possibilities - better combat, better non-linear story, castle sieges, bigger battles, etc. (all claimed by the developer of course). This sort of thing is why I look forward to new consoles, not whether it's in a particular resolution or it's FPS...

Looks like they'll hit that target easily. Hope it comes to each of the new consoles.

DEFINITELY keeping an eye on this. Thank you TC for bringing it up. Should be posted on the PS4 board if it hasn't already.
---
"Maybe all these clowns should chill out and stop trolling me." - MetroidFan9999
#9CaIiber345Posted 1/23/2014 1:31:07 AM(edited)
InjusticeReborn posted...
See, this is what I'm on about when I think of going into a new generation of consoles. Yes, as I've said, an upgrade is visuals is going to happen no matter what, but it's adding onto a game things that you couldn't before.

It's like Skyrim (minus Dragons), but with added possibilities - better combat, better non-linear story, castle sieges, bigger battles, etc. (all claimed by the developer of course). This sort of thing is why I look forward to new consoles, not whether it's in a particular resolution or how it's frames...

Looks like they'll hit that target easily. Hope it comes to each of the new consoles.

DEFINITELY keeping an eye on this. Thank you TC for bringing it up. Should be posted on the PS4 board if it hasn't already.

I posted it there. =]

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/68401732
---
I'd like to play DayZ on consoles.
People who agree: 3
#10InjusticeRebornPosted 1/23/2014 1:25:26 AM
I hope it's received well. Just popping over there now to see if there is any news of my interest, so I'll find out.

Can't imagine it would be looked down at. Like was said, more RPG's can only be a good thing.
---
"Maybe all these clowns should chill out and stop trolling me." - MetroidFan9999