Seriously? About my kinect.

#1bmx_parkriderPosted 1/22/2014 10:05:59 AM
My kinect is the worst. I sit 4ft from it and it doesn't hear me. I turned my tv up as loud as it goes, half way, then as low as it would let me to reconfigure.

I have to say Xbox snap like 600,000 times and sometimes it still doesn't work. It's the WORST when I do something awesome and I want to record it. Often I wind up having to record 3 minutes worth of crap I don't want to then trim it.

Anyone else having issues?
---
It's important to know that God exists, even if it's not how you were taught as a child.
GT: xThrasher610x
#22ndAtomiskPosted 1/22/2014 10:08:58 AM
My Kinect works fine except for saying "Xbox On". That and the things you can say in DR3 don't seem to be heard. "Xbox Record That" and everything else seem to work fine though.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#3aszsithPosted 1/22/2014 10:13:49 AM
I've had issues with DR3 too, but only the in-game commands (like "Follow Me"), not the XBOne OS ones (like "Xbox Record That"). I think that has to do with either the developer just not programming it right, or the fact that I play with a surround system on and the ambient zombie moans may be causing to much "noise" for the game to recognize my commands.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#4bmx_parkrider(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 10:33:59 AM
Mine just won't work
---
It's important to know that God exists, even if it's not how you were taught as a child.
#5SunDevil77Posted 1/22/2014 10:35:46 AM
Have you tried calibrating it again?
---
My teeth are swords, my claws are spears, my wings are a hurricane!
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#6Reflex-ArcPosted 1/22/2014 10:41:18 AM
I had issues at first when my Kinect was sitting below my screen directly above my center channel speaker. Now that I have it mounted above the screen it works perfectly. I was able to calibrate it with the receiver set to ~70db and it'll respond to regular speaking voice commands even at that level.

Have you tried relocating it, TC?
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#7BoxTheMuppetPosted 1/22/2014 10:48:30 AM
I talk fast but have found that it works 90% of the time if I say "Xbox" wait a second for it to come up with a prompt for the next command. Then I tell it what to do. Give it a shot.

Report back if that worked.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#8bmx_parkrider(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2014 6:00:48 AM
BoxTheMuppet posted...
I talk fast but have found that it works 90% of the time if I say "Xbox" wait a second for it to come up with a prompt for the next command. Then I tell it what to do. Give it a shot.

Report back if that worked.

I think slowing down does actually work. Thanks

To all the the other responses trying to help, I thank you as well.
---
#9PoweredMilkManPosted 1/23/2014 6:04:36 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
Have you tried calibrating it again?

---
XBL/PSN/WiiU - bloodandbourbon
#10tubb311Posted 1/23/2014 7:03:02 AM
mine works great. haven't had any problems. i used to have problems with the 360 kinect hearing me, but this one is improved a lot. i love it.
---
GT: DonShetland