Microsoft/YouTube controversy

#21CovenantPosted 1/22/2014 2:59:01 PM
FTC guidelines say that it is Microsoft's duty to make sure that the matter of payment is disclosed because it is their product being advertised. They don't get to blame Machinima.

I don't really buy that violating the FTC guidelines was all Machinima's idea, either. They don't benefit from it, unless it was done in collusion with Microsoft.
#22curtlandPosted 1/22/2014 3:02:20 PM
Covenant posted...
FTC guidelines say that it is Microsoft's duty to make sure that the matter of payment is disclosed because it is their product being advertised. They don't get to blame Machinima.

I don't really buy that violating the FTC guidelines was all Machinima's idea, either. They don't benefit from it, unless it was done in collusion with Microsoft.

How don't they benefit from being able to brag to the people that pay the bills that they reached "x number" of potential customers, thus making themselves look better?
---
Only idoits can't spell.
#23BloodyDove2vsPosted 1/22/2014 3:15:55 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#24slyman19Posted 1/22/2014 3:18:35 PM
Apex-Player posted...
slyman19 posted...
Apex-Player posted...
I use the thousands of links tossed around daily, no need to post them, those who don't understand won't suddenly grasp it now, and those who do understand, understood it days ago.

I want a source backing up what you said. If you have thousands of links available it won`t be a problem.

Lol still no need, even if I found the 'perfect link' with MS admitting everything, chances are you'd still try and spin it. Much like the whole 'I would like you to play it on the PS4 if possible' about MGS, where every xbox owner came to the conclusion saying PlayStation4 specifically, actually ment 'both next gen consoles' like the guy never understood what PlayStation4 stood for and that it was an error in his wording.

I'm not going to try and convince you, because your mind set will never change.

Still no need? You made a claim, back it up.
#25CovenantPosted 1/22/2014 3:35:58 PM
curtland posted...
How don't they benefit from being able to brag to the people that pay the bills that they reached "x number" of potential customers, thus making themselves look better?

Omitting disclosures has no effect on the number of impressions.

What they don't benefit from is exposing Microsoft to legal liability for deceptive advertising practices. It is an extremely unwise move, unless they had reason to believe that Microsoft wouldn't mind.
#26IWUPosted 1/22/2014 7:43:29 PM
CrusnikCain posted...
slyman19 posted...
All of you guys have undeniable proof MS was lying, right?

do you have proof their telling the truth ?

I have proof you failed remedial English...
---
Irregardless, for all intensive purposes I could care less if you take me for granite. If given free reign, I'll continue to tow the line so it's a mute point.
#27casper316Posted 1/22/2014 8:54:38 PM
IWU posted...
CrusnikCain posted...
slyman19 posted...

wow a keyboard tough guy lol how cute. better get back on the train sony ponie it's about to pull off and leave you.
---
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316
#28Sevi_neyPosted 1/22/2014 9:52:37 PM
casper316 posted...
IWU posted...
CrusnikCain posted...
slyman19 posted...

wow a keyboard tough guy lol how cute. better get back on the train sony ponie it's about to pull off and leave you.

Hey everyone, some guy just made a grammatical error on the internet

Point and laugh
---
http://i.imgur.com/H6R1wWH.gif
#29casper316Posted 1/22/2014 10:16:41 PM
Sevi_ney posted...
casper316 posted...
IWU posted...
CrusnikCain posted...
slyman19 posted...

Hey everyone, some guy just made a grammatical error on the internet

Point and laugh

hey everyone on the internet, who has to thumbs and don't give a damn?

<-THIS GUY!
---
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316