Can't look at achievements unless

#11Superman070776Posted 1/22/2014 6:45:42 PM
<--- Never knew....always has the X1 connected, anyway.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/BoilingKoolaid
#12horror_spooky(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 6:50:34 PM
Really dumb.

The only reason I disconnected my Xbox One today was because of that sign in issue everyone was having.

I feel bad for people that want to get achievements but don't like to play online or can't play online.

Hell, where I live we were unable to get high speed Internet until just a couple of years ago. I loved getting achievements offline on my Xbox 360. It's not an issue for me now, but damn.

That's a pretty significant feature being cut off for no good reason.
---
Just when they think they got the answers, I change the questions..
www.cheatmasters.com
#13squarex8264Posted 1/22/2014 7:02:42 PM
horror_spooky posted...
Really dumb.

The only reason I disconnected my Xbox One today was because of that sign in issue everyone was having.

I feel bad for people that want to get achievements but don't like to play online or can't play online.

Hell, where I live we were unable to get high speed Internet until just a couple of years ago. I loved getting achievements offline on my Xbox 360. It's not an issue for me now, but damn.

I did list some reasons. Achievements are no longer popped individually by the games; they are verified on the server-side. This is the reason why the online connection is required. It's not even required at all times-- as long as you log on every once in a while, you still earn all the achievements you accumulated offline.

Things this enables that wasn't possible on the 360 includes:

1) Ability for achievement lists to be dynamic and changed by the devs with feedback without updating the game
2) Ability to verify achievements and reduce cheating since verification and monitoring can be done by the server
3) Getting better stats on achievements to know if some are permanently fixed; and fixing those later without having to go through the patch process if necessary

Given all the permanently glitched achievements on 360 games, I think this is a good step.
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#14horror_spooky(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 7:57:00 PM
squarex8264 posted...
horror_spooky posted...
Really dumb.

I did list some reasons. Achievements are no longer popped individually by the games; they are verified on the server-side. This is the reason why the online connection is required. It's not even required at all times-- as long as you log on every once in a while, you still earn all the achievements you accumulated offline.

Things this enables that wasn't possible on the 360 includes:

1) Ability for achievement lists to be dynamic and changed by the devs with feedback without updating the game
2) Ability to verify achievements and reduce cheating since verification and monitoring can be done by the server
3) Getting better stats on achievements to know if some are permanently fixed; and fixing those later without having to go through the patch process if necessary

Given all the permanently glitched achievements on 360 games, I think this is a good step.

1) Don't care or want that
2) Don't care if other people are cheating, I unlock achievements for my own benefit
3) Again, don't care

So I will reiterate:

No good reason

I think the bad far outweighs the good here.
---
Just when they think they got the answers, I change the questions..
www.cheatmasters.com