VGA Grading Flaws EXPOSED!

#11LanternOfAshPosted 1/22/2014 10:01:29 PM
VGA is an incredibly niche little thing. You pay for their service, you get their scores. Their system is comparative just like everything else. This guy isn't revealing any sort of big scam, it's just his opinion and other common sense factors. Clearly someone that spends $125 to get a game sealed doesn't care what you think about the matter, whereas you can continue not using their service if you don't want their scores.
It's kind of like asking your friend for an opinion on a game and then running to all your other friends and being like 'don't ask Johnny for his thoughts on this game, he's not really an expert!' Whereas Johnny knows a hell of a lot more about assigning scores than you ever will.
---
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!
#12MikasaAyanami(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2014 6:55:20 PM
LanternOfAsh posted...
VGA is an incredibly niche little thing. You pay for their service, you get their scores. Their system is comparative just like everything else. This guy isn't revealing any sort of big scam, it's just his opinion and other common sense factors. Clearly someone that spends $125 to get a game sealed doesn't care what you think about the matter, whereas you can continue not using their service if you don't want their scores.
It's kind of like asking your friend for an opinion on a game and then running to all your other friends and being like 'don't ask Johnny for his thoughts on this game, he's not really an expert!' Whereas Johnny knows a hell of a lot more about assigning scores than you ever will.

I know my games very well but thanks for your concern. You missed the point though.

You can go ask "Johnny" (VGA) for his opinions and it's ok but the problem is as follows:

- He will give you random grades
- He will overcharge you for something that is not 100% true.
- He might damage your game while he is "pouring his expertise all over it".
- Your game might get damage due to "his" acrylic case falling apart.
- It will devalue your game in the long run as the novelty wears off.
- It's not a good investment in terms of reselling cause some games have been sold for more than their VGA counterparts on ebay.