is the Star Wars game being made by the same people as Battlfield 4?

#1soysaucemanPosted 1/22/2014 8:01:50 PM
DICE. Could be good
#2soysauceman(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 8:04:15 PM
*Battlefield
#3ImThe8thWonderPosted 1/22/2014 8:04:33 PM
Yes it is made by the same people.

I really like Battlefield, but I'm not confident in DICE's or EA's ability to make the game. Battlefront is a dear series to me, and I honestly want something exceptional, not just "okay." I don't think they could deliver that for me. It'll be good, but with them making it, I don't think it will be as groundbreaking as the previous installments.
---
Currently own: PS4, XB1, PS3, XB360, PS2, PS1, PS Vita, Wii, Wii U, DS, 3DS, Super NES, N64, and a gaming PC.
XBL Gold in a nutshell: http://imgur.com/cT6qYn4
#4soysauceman(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 8:06:37 PM
ImThe8thWonder posted...

I really like Battlefield, but I'm not confident in DICE's or EA's ability to make the game. Battlefront is a dear series to me, and I honestly want something exceptional, not just "okay." I don't think they could deliver that for me. It'll be good, but with them making it, I don't think it will be as groundbreaking as the previous installments.

I have not played them but enjoy BF4 on X1. Who would you prefer made the new ones?
#5grampamurkedPosted 1/22/2014 8:11:09 PM
soysauceman posted...
ImThe8thWonder posted...

I have not played them but enjoy BF4 on X1. Who would you prefer made the new ones?

Anyone but DICE

Battlefield IS overrated.
---
Xbox GT: Grampa Murked U Steam ID: grampamurkedu PSN ID: H8laggers
#6ImThe8thWonderPosted 1/22/2014 8:11:56 PM
soysauceman posted...
ImThe8thWonder posted...

I can't really think of a company out there that specializes in sci-fi shooters with the same style that Pandemic and Lucasarts did for those games. Maybe if Respawn does a decent job with Titanfall, they would fall into the right category, since Battlefront was fairly arcade-like. Maybe 343 or Bungie could be good candidates as well, but I don't really fancy any shooters they tend to make (hopefully Destiny will be good, though).
---
Currently own: PS4, XB1, PS3, XB360, PS2, PS1, PS Vita, Wii, Wii U, DS, 3DS, Super NES, N64, and a gaming PC.
#7Hidan623Posted 1/22/2014 8:14:42 PM
whoever does cysis would have my vote. I know that's EA but i'm sure it isn't dice
#8ImThe8thWonderPosted 1/22/2014 8:16:26 PM
Hidan623 posted...
whoever does cysis would have my vote. I know that's EA but i'm sure it isn't dice

...Crytek? You can't be serious, guy.
---
#9Bikes-Posted 1/22/2014 8:16:51 PM
Hidan623 posted...

crytek does that, and unless the MP is vastly different (I've only played the first game's SP which was rather sub par) they wouldn't be much of a fit since they're vastly different games.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#101nternationa7Posted 1/22/2014 8:17:44 PM
Hidan623 posted...

Sure why not. Then the next Star Wars game would become an A A A A A A A A A A A A A game!
---
SV 3340 Pokemon Y Friend Code: 5172-1018-8947