no sp is a big deal. [poll]

#31Golden MavenPosted 1/23/2014 12:12:24 AM
aszsith posted...
Multiplayer is great. But it should never be the only component.

Yes it should. Especially for certain types of games that are boring by yourself. May as well limit SP to some sort of training boot so people can warm up and leave it at that.

I'd like to see some AAA game focused entirely on online multiplayer.
#32RybalPosted 1/23/2014 9:48:07 AM
As someone who plays almost exclusively single player, I'd have to say that it really depends on the game.

I think that having one particular mode simply for the sake of having it is pointless. In a game where the vast majority of players only play in one mode or the other, it adds no real benefit to try to add the other.

So I don't think that SP is necessary for a game like Titanfall or COD, but I also don't think that MP is necessary for several single player games that added it. In most cases, people are playing a game for one particular reason. They may touch the other modes, but they'll still focus on one or the other.
---
To all trolls (and those that are tired of the trolling) - http://goo.gl/YVX7op
PSN: Rybal_81
#33Kovalchuk_Posted 1/23/2014 9:54:02 AM
They are developing Titanfall with hopes that is can become the next CoD. CoD became popular because of MP and making a SP would just be a waste of time.
---
3754-7115-0719
#34mokmuudPosted 1/23/2014 10:20:21 AM
Kovalchuk_ posted...
They are developing Titanfall with hopes that is can become the next CoD. CoD became popular because of MP and making a SP would just be a waste of time.

While I agree SP is not needed and a waste of resources for most FPS. Titanfall itself is a waste of resources considering we don't really need another CoD wannabe.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#35Epic_Bear_GuyPosted 1/23/2014 10:21:49 AM
Multi-player is better.
#36scoobydoobydontPosted 1/23/2014 12:26:52 PM
Kovalchuk_ posted...

CoD has a very popular SP component, regardless of your opinion of it. Millions of sales would be lost if CoD cut all SP.
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#37MastherBeBadPosted 1/23/2014 12:31:48 PM
Well, if the game offers you a great multiplayer experience and aims beyond FPS and robots, then... yeah, why not?

But still, would rather have a good campaign so that the MP don't feel like a waste of $.
#38WartPig_Posted 1/23/2014 12:37:24 PM
bessy67 posted...
BDJayce posted...
Anyone who's been gaming for more than a decade knows that single player is important.

Why? How is the tacked-on cookie cutter cliche campaign in CoD important?

because when the MP dies in less than a year for the new flavor of the month, your $60+ purchase will still have some use
---
PSN-WartPigX, XBL-WartPig
"people talking without speaking, people hearing without listening"
#39LaZyEyeZ0o(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2014 1:35:22 PM
mokmuud posted...
Kovalchuk_ posted...

While I agree SP is not needed and a waste of resources for most FPS. Titanfall itself is a waste of resources considering we don't really need another CoD wannabe.

Look at the trailers they post out... cod or bf4, they always highlight sp verisons. Cod and bf4 needs sp to attract people to began with. Sp has a big pull.
#40leelee3105Posted 1/23/2014 1:42:26 PM
WartPig_ posted...
bessy67 posted...
BDJayce posted...
Anyone who's been gaming for more than a decade knows that single player is important.

Why? How is the tacked-on cookie cutter cliche campaign in CoD important?

because when the MP dies in less than a year for the new flavor of the month, your $60+ purchase will still have some use

So that's why you can still jump straight into a match on mw 2?
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!